Poll: Have you ever left a concert early because you didn't like the headlining band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever left a concert early because you didn't like the headlining band?
Yes
116 39%
No
181 61%
Voters: 297.
Page 1 of 4
So a bunch of buddies and I went to the Trapt/Hinder concert in Minneapolis last night.

We watched the opening bands Midnight to 12 and Rev Theory, and Trapt from the comfort of the mosh pit. When Hinder reached the stage, we watched two songs from the bar before leaving.

It made me think, how many of you fellow UGers have ever left a concert early simply because you didn't want to spend time watching the headlining band play?

What the hell, I'll throw in a poll.

EDIT: Bonus points if you paid a tidy sum for a ticket, especially if the ticket cost more because of the band you dipped out on.
Last edited by KwikKopy at Dec 3, 2008,
I left before Dream Theater came on, and same with Megadeth.

edit; I can has winrar?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
I've left halfway through the last two headliners before.

I left the Opeth/Lamb of God headliner back on October 5, 2006 halfway through LoG's set, and during Progressive Nation this year I left halfway through Dream Theater's set.

But, no, I've never left when the headliner came on.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by metaldud536
I thought this was the reason people went to concerts? Ts, you're wasting your moneyz.

Unfortunately yes. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gone to a concert because they've really wanted to see the bands that weren't headlining, and I hate Hinder so...
Quote by BerryTree
that happened alot with guns n roses/aerosmith back in 1989
lmao

Mad people went to see guns n roses, then once aerosmith, the headliner, came on stage, alot of people left the concert.....

Aerosmith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Guns N' Roses
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I would never do that, especially if I pay good money for it..I'm staying the whole time.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
I voted no, but just remembered I have.

Random Hand and Big D and the Kids Table supporting Sonic Boom Six.

It's not that SB6 are bad, but I've seen them about 5 times before, and we wanted to wander about a bit.
I skipped out on KSE when Dragonforce was opening for them. It was all about Dragonforce.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
I missed Iced Earth and Amon Amarth because I got drunk (luckily it was a 3 day festival so I got the rest)
nope, i tend to either arrive after the support acts or done, or suffer whatever crappy bands are supporting.

Muse marlay park, was glasves - ****, then kasabian - ****
I left during Godsmack's set when they toured with Rob Zombie a few years back. And I did it this year after Type O Negative ended their set and hatebreed was going to go on next.
I went to the free ozzfest a couple of years ago and stayed for half of Ozzy's set. I also went to see All That Remains in NY and Dragonforce was the headliner left after like 2 songs. Man do they suck.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i left black dhalia murder headliner after cannibal corpse was done.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
i've done it 2x with Chiodos/Coheed/Linkin Park and Head Automatica/Coheed/AX7. I just went to see my Coheed =D
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I went to the free ozzfest a couple of years ago and stayed for half of Ozzy's set. I also went to see All That Remains in NY and Dragonforce was the headliner left after like 2 songs. Man do they suck.(Good Charlotte and DF)

Corrected your statement for ya.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
Wait, I just realized how stupid the question is..lol

The headliner is the main reason to go to a show right? wtf...
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
I did it when I went to see Breaking Benjamin, there was no way in hell I was going to watch Nickelback.
Quote by Maidenhell666
I skipped out on KSE when Dragonforce was opening for them. It was all about Dragonforce.

What the hell is wrong with you?!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Wait, I just realized how stupid the question is..lol

The headliner is the main reason to go to a show right? wtf...

Not when your favorite band Coheed and Cambria always "co-headlines" and always goes on first(after the openers)
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
^ a lot of the time, if there is a couple of opening bands I really like, I'll go to see them. I could careless who headlines a show, if there are bands that I like involved and the price is reasonable I'm usually there.

The only sucky thing is that an average opener band gets about a 30 minute set and teh headliner pretty much goes from an hour to like 2. All depends on the artist and the type of music but traditionally thats how it goes.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by majonior
Not when your favorite band Coheed and Cambria always "co-headlines" and always goes on first(after the openers)

But if I pay for a ticket, its for the whole show and I'm gonna get what I paid for.

I just don't get it...
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
But if I pay for a ticket, its for the whole show and I'm gonna get what I paid for.

I just don't get it...

Value of Time vs. Money. Sure you paid for a ticket, but would you rather go elsewhere and have fun or stay at a concert and watch a band you don't like/care for just because you "paid" for it. For many, the ticket fee with worth just seeing the bands they came for.
Nope, last concert I went to I only went for the band playing before the headliner. So instead of watching the headliner I went backstage and hung out with the band I went to see.

So technically I didn't leave.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by KwikKopy
Value of Time vs. Money. Sure you paid for a ticket, but would you rather go elsewhere and have fun or stay at a concert and watch a band you don't like/care for just because you "paid" for it. For many, the ticket fee with worth just seeing the bands they came for.

Well, everyone has their own opinion, I'm not here to argue.
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Well, everyone has their own opinion, I'm not here to argue.

I didn't mean to argue either, I was just trying to explain why a good portion of people have voted yes.
Quote by KwikKopy
I didn't mean to argue either, I was just trying to explain why a good portion of people have voted yes.

I understand. Sometimes I do feel a little silly paying around $300 for passes and stuff for bands I don't really like, but I do it anyway.

I paid $300 for Bamboozle 3-day VIP passes this May...and it's honestly only because No Doubt is getting back together for it...and I want to meet them..
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
yes but only local concerts because I was seeing a friends band

or else it was a really mixed bill

e.g.

Death/thrash band - watched,moshed, had fun
-
****ty Post hardcore Enter Shikari rip - watched, laughed, drank
-
Even ****tier indy band --------> left as 1st generic chording section ends
I do it all the time. Lots of the modern bands I like aren't big enough to headline, so if they're opening, of course I'm gonna go. Plus, most of the shows I go to are pretty cheap, so it's not a loss.

I don't get why I should stay just cause I paid. In my mind, I'm only paying to see what I want, and that's all I'm gonna stay for.
DOWN&OUT
No, every concert I have payed to see I stayed frome the start of the first band to the end of the last.
Quote by Maidenhell666

Are you insane?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
Quote by ccatck
I left before Dream Theater came on, and same with Megadeth.

edit; I can has winrar?

Big mistake. Dream Theater and Megadeth are two of the best live shows I have ever seen, I can't possibly imagine someone who could be so much better that you see them and then leave before DT or Megadeth.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
I understand. Sometimes I do feel a little silly paying around $300 for passes and stuff for bands I don't really like, but I do it anyway.

I paid $300 for Bamboozle 3-day VIP passes this May...and it's honestly only because No Doubt is getting back together for it...and I want to meet them..

Nice, tell Gwen Stefani I said hi.
I left a Judas priest concert before they came on stage, just wanted to see The Scorpions.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Big mistake. Dream Theater and Megadeth are two of the best live shows I have ever seen, I can't possibly imagine someone who could be so much better that you see them and then leave before DT or Megadeth.

Between the buried and me/opeth came on before DT, and Job for a cowboy/children of bodom/in flames were on before Megadeth.

Personally I hate DT and Megadeth. Not my kind of genre.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Page 1 of 4