So I am planning to purchase a 4x12 cab and upgrade my amp sometime in the near future. I'm leaning towards just a used Marshall 1960a, as they're widely available, cheap used, and sound great, which will leave me more money for a better head.

I was looking at getting one with Vintage 30's in it, but on second thought, I already own a 2x12 cab with Celestion V12-60's in it (kind of like a vintage 30 meets greenback).

So I was thinking maybe it would sound awesome to go with a G12T-75 loaded cab instead, and replace two of those speakers with the V12's, and throw the 75 watters in the 2x12 for other purposes. Unless I should just stick with all 75-watters?

Some of you might be wondering why I want a 4x12 if I already own a 2x12. No, it has nothing to do with wanting more volume, lol. I simply want the big sound of a 4x12 cab.

If you're wondering, I primarily play metal (melodic death, thrash, metalcore, classic), along with a little bit of other mid/high gain rock styles.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
The amp I currently have is a Peavey Windsor head

The amps I am looking into are the ENGL Blackmore, Fireball, Peavey 6505, or maybe a Mesa F-50. I'm kind of leaning towards the Blackmore, but unless I can score one used, I'll probably have to look into other options.

EDIT: I can't watch the video from where I'm at. Can you summarize it a bit? It looks like you're trying to point out some kind of design flaw, and if so, does this apply to their newer cabs, older, or both?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Last edited by FlightofIcarus at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by FlightofIcarus
The amp I currently have is a Peavey Windsor head

The amps I am looking into are the ENGL Blackmore, Fireball, Peavey 6505, or maybe a Mesa F-50. I'm kind of leaning towards the Blackmore, but unless I can score one used, I'll probably have to look into other options.

EDIT: I can't watch the video from where I'm at. Can you summarize it a bit? It looks like you're trying to point out some kind of design flaw, and if so, does this apply to their newer cabs, older, or both?

Example G12T-75s are gonna sound best for the Windsor and Blackmore so that cuts your choices down by more then half....

Basically there are huge gaps that need to be filled in and the center pole is off. All of which take away from your tone...