Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a tattoo:

This was my original concept, a black and white outline of a sparrow like the attached image, with this text incorporated somehow:

51°10'N
115°34'W

Should I stick to black and white or should i design a sparrow that's full colour?
Also, I want to get this on my forearm... is this a good idea? And how should I incorporate the text?

Here's the picture:

If you're wondering, the co-ordinates lead to Banff, Alberta, Canada, where I moved to last year before having to come back to where I am now. It's the most beautiful place in the world and I'm just waiting out and going through the motins until I can return. The sparrow represents "coming home" and was a traditional sailor tattoo. Seeing a sparrow at sea meant you were close to land. It's cliched and I know alot of people have them, but I think it's just too perfect for what I'm looking for.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
oh canada!!!
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
i like it
Accepting no constraints from without, we countenanced none within ourselves, either, and found that the world opened before us like the petals of a rose. ~ CrimethInc.
big body mod thread
go
now
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
i want a dragon ejaculating fire
but my gf wont let me have it done, therefore i refuse to participate in a thread about tattooos...

>.>

oh go on then
designs ok, but bit plain and cliched
cant think of owt else tho
I wouldn't advise getting Banff's coordinates inked into your skin, but hey, that's me.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I'm not sure on the text, but depending on your career status. Usually tatoos shouldnt be anywhere lower then above the elbow.
For text, maybe incorpate the numbers into the body somehow.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Id make sure that you're 100% postive that you'll be returning there before getting it.
-Gear-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 60/81
Orange Tiny Terror
Gibson Hawk
What the fuck, seeing (almost) any bird at sea means you're close to land. Anyway, cool design, dunno how to incorporate the coordinates. Or leave them out 'cause its a lame idea.
why banff?
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Even if I don't return that's not really the idea... it's lame and hard to explain, but moving there was the most important thing I've ever done, and it's 'home' for me now, whether I'll physically ever be there or not, if that makes sense.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
don't get white, stick to a black outline only
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
more like BanfFAIL!!!mwaahaha anywayz come on tatooes are supposed to be cool..
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by teamzaius
don't get white, stick to a black outline only

I disagree...white ink in tattoos look AWESOME
try to find a way to make it stand out a little. you already said it's kinda cliched, which means you gotta spice it up so you can call it your own. nobody want's a "cookie cutter" tattoo, so do what you can to make it something that will not only be a symbol, but a piece of art you're proud host.
It looks like a peace dove to me, but that's my opinion. Go with what you like dude. If it's on your forearm there is no hiding it, unless of course you have on long sleeves... Make sure that you've researched the reason for this. A tattoo tells a story. Usually an event that's taken place in your life that you consider significant. You will be asked to explain it later. Much later. I have a Jolly Rodger Flag tat on my left (port) arm. I got this just before I crossed the Atlantic for the first time. I now work in some of the most piracy prone areas in the world. I'm a sailor so tats carry a heavy meaning for me.
Last edited by n2dabloo at Dec 3, 2008,
coordiantes on top wing
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by Telestar
Get a Maple Leaf tattooed on your forehead.

That's quite possibly the greatest idea for a tattoo ever. You could be like Snake in MGS3
I'd streamline the head on the sparrow a bit, it's a little too bulbous in my opinion (looks more like a mourning dove). You should do the coordinates along the inside arches of the wings.
Why is this here?

*reported*

Searchbar, please.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.