What is a good song for someone trying out for a band, im gonna let my friend be in my band if he can learn a song by next friday (dec 11th) what should i tell him to learn, i KNow he cant play anything too difficult, so no song with tough solos or shreding
That all depends on what type of music your band plays.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I think you should just have him try to learn some of the more basic songs that you guys play. If you give him something too easy compared to the level you play then you will end up having a member who limits what the whole band can play for awhile.
we play metal,but not the shredding type, i plan to tech him as we go along but i need to know he atleast has some basic skills
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
we play metal,but not the shredding type, i plan to tech him as we go along but i need to know he atleast has some basic skills

In this case, something by Godsmack or Rammstein would be perfect.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
And Justice for all by mettalica
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
What is a good song for someone trying out for a band, im gonna let my friend be in my band if he can learn a song by next friday (dec 11th) what should i tell him to learn, i KNow he cant play anything too difficult, so no song with tough solos or shreding

That would be December 12th, unless we get to miss Monday? If you know that whatever he plays isn't too dificult, don't bother making him do it. If you think he has the commitment to get good, practise, etc. and that you like him, just let him be in. If you're really worried, invite him to a few practices and see how he's doing. If you do this, make sure he knows that he's just trialing, or he may get upset if you kick him at the end of it.
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
i was thinking unholy confessions by a7x

Well, if you have a song in mind, go for it. The only requirement he needs to fill is the ability to play what the band wants.