I have been playing for about 8 years now and I have been through a lot of equipment. Selling, trading, bargaining, etc. But for the last year and a half, I have had the same setup. Here it follows:

Peavey Windsor Head
Traynor 2x12 Extension Cab
Rocktron Utopia Floorboard Processor
Ts9 Tubescreamer
Hellababe Wah

And thats it. I run the Rocktron through the return on the effects loop on the Windsor. I do get a very low end and saturated metal tone, which is my main style. But, the clean is lacking compared to running straight through the amp, and I can't get a good middle ground.

So, tomorrow I am going to guitar center with this head, my rocktron, and probably one of my guitars to trade. I am going to get a used amp of some sort and here are my selections:

Randall rh200 g2-------both with randall cab.
Randall rh100 sc
Fender Twin Reverb w/ Damage Control Pedal
Spider Valve 2x12
B52 at60 1x12

All of these are around the same price. The $500 mark. I really like the sound of the Randalls distortion, but the clean would lack a bit. The Fender would be fantastic for cleans, and with the pedal be quite a monster, but expensive. The Spider, eh, I through it in there for the shiats. And the B52 I haven't tried but have heard good things.

I play progressive, death, core metal, and a various range of alternative. Your opinions do mean something, so hopefully ya'll got some good ones.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I'd go for the B-52 and an EQ pedal for cleans, I've always found it better to buy and amp more for the drive because I think it's pointless running an SS pedal into a tube amp
ohai little sig.
I'd save up and sell your stuff through craiglist, you'll get more money and be able to get something a lot nicer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Hmmm, I have my mind set on these amps. Bump.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Then why'd you come here? If you know what you want to do then do it, I'm just telling you you're gonna get ripped off if you sell that stuff to a shop.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Try selling on Craigslist, even if you still get those amps you can get a lot more than whatever Guitar Center will give you.

As for amps I don't know what to tell you, since I haven't played any of them. I would ask that you stay away from the Line 6, just cause it has tubes doesn't fix the horrible amp models. (Yes, I know I play out of a Spider... back off. ) Just go try the amps out and see what sounds best to you.

That being said... that Damage Control pedal looks pretty sweet. May have to look into one myself.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
whatever you do, DON'T trade them! you won't get the full value. Me, I'd go with the Fender, as it's always easier to add a little grit that it is to clean up a dirty amp, but for what you play, the Randall is probably a better choice, even though its solid state.