taylor93112
276 IQ
anyone know any good magazines that are mainly harcore/metalcore?
NO STAIRWAY
nowa90
Strike the Earth!
2,127 IQ
guitar world, they focus ALOT on metal and hardcore interviews and like 2 metal songs tabbed each issue
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
XCount Me InX
The UN of UG
265 IQ
i cant really think of any sorry
but im interested aswell if anyone knows of any.
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
very occasionally rock sound in the UK knows its stuff, they unfrotunately plaster the cover with the likes of fall out boy and MCR etc but inside most of the exposure pieces and the free CDs are usually decent. ive found a few good bands from them over the years. definitely that and big cheese are the best of a bad bunch.
Meatball200
Owl-King
384 IQ
Rock Sound features some good bands. Havn't bought the magazine before but its websites quite good for reviews and interviews.
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
Big Cheese was always good, the best things to pick up are Zines at shows. They're usually pretty switched on to good bands if you go to the right shows.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
chris_122
1,208 IQ
Trash Talk was in Rolling Stone
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
XCount Me InX
The UN of UG
265 IQ
yeah Big Cheese is a good one

Revolver...occasionally has some hardcore bands in it, but theyre usually like mainstream, more well known ones
XCount Me InX
The UN of UG
265 IQ
Quote by recklessnick
i read about this is hell and paint it black in revolver. im guessing kerrang covers metalcore stuff?

yeah they cover some pretty decent bands once in a while in Revolver
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,405 IQ
My sister subscribes to Revolver and I think it's just trend-chasing garbage. I mean, there's a 'hottest chicks in metal' section, and there's another section where once a month they take someone from a band and go over their outfit and what they wear and how you can get their look...

I mean, yeah, occasionally there's a good band or two in there, but most of the time it's Slipknot or My Chemical Romance or whatever the newest scene band is.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
AP magazine sometimes has good articles

I eat flame for breakfast

That's actually true sometimes, maybe not for Hardcore bands but I like the "Oral History" articles about past bands.
XCount Me InX
The UN of UG
265 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
My sister subscribes to Revolver and I think it's just trend-chasing garbage. I mean, there's a 'hottest chicks in metal' section, and there's another section where once a month they take someone from a band and go over their outfit and what they wear and how you can get their look...

I mean, yeah, occasionally there's a good band or two in there, but most of the time it's Slipknot or My Chemical Romance or whatever the newest scene band is.

they used to have like pin ups in the center
but got told to take them out
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,405 IQ
Quote by recklessnick
^ you dont wanna see hot chicks in a metal mag?

I want to read about bands because they play good music, not because they have some hot girl in their band. I mean, if I was a girl and I was serious about music and the only reason anyone paid any attention to my band was because of how I looked, I'd be pissed off. And I realize that the girls that are covered in that section are covered with their consent, but it doesn't give me a ton of respect for them.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT