Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else think the movie Clerks is a little overrated? I mean I'm not saying it didn't have its funny moments, but I mean it seems like a lot have people have built it into a much better movie that it is. Anyone agree?
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
no you are wrong go home
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
No.

It's genius.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
"YOU KNOW WHAT?!? THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY! OVER THERE IT'S JUST A GUIT IN A SUIT!!!"
- Willam Black (Ethan Suplee) , Mallrats.

Clerks rocks.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
It's not so much outwardly hilarious, though it has its parts... but the thought that all that **** was happening to him while it was suppose to be his day off was pretty funny. Plus, they seem to go places with dialog that you might think, but never say. I kind of liked it... except that Kevin Smith couldn't afford color.
I haven't actually seen Clerks, which is bad because I've seen a lot of other Kevin Smith films, including Clerks II.

I feel the same way about Napoleon Dynamite, though. I'm sure nobody really watches it anymore, but I remember only laughing at the movie maybe the first time I had seen it.
I never saw what was so great about it.

Sure it was funny, but I never understood why people consider so amazing.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Dante and Randal's arguements are what makes Clerks funny to me.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Well, if you go into it expecting a movie in the comedic genre of say Anchorman, then you may be disappointed. But in my opinion it was stupendously awesome.
Lol I just had a flashback - I bought Clerks for my stepson last christmas and he phoned me up to ask if it was meant to be in black and white - he'd been trying to get it to play in colour for ages hehe
no, I love smart humor (although i found the part about sucking your own dick quite comical), and I'm not saying it wasn't a funny movie cuz it was I just think that its a little too built up
+More

Quote by king~olievo
no you are wrong go home

This
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
*looks at thread title*

Is this another caveman talk thread?
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
That's like saying The Big Lebowski isn't good.

You just don't.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Actually, no. Clerks was one of the most well-written, and most ably acted movies ever made. It really is a mark of comedic genius, as well as philosophically thought provoking and a nice, albeit superficial insight into the relationships between men and women, and a better, deeper look at the relationship between best friends.

It's a classic, and if anything, it's underhyped.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
That's like saying The Big Lebowski isn't good.

You just don't.

Watched that movie for the first time a few days ago. It was freaking awesome.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by Firenze
Actually, no. Clerks was one of the most well-written, and most ably acted movies ever made. It really is a mark of comedic genius, as well as philosophically thought provoking and a nice, albeit superficial insight into the relationships between men and women, and a better, deeper look at the relationship between best friends.

Not to mention the fact that it was on a tiny budget (aka several credit cards maxed out).
Its genius! The conversations of Dante and Randall, the mirror of their day and silent bob and jays and of course the Necrophilia.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Terrble acting, poor delivery on a lot of jokes, a lot of bad jokes. Crappy student-style cinematography. It has a few decent moments, but by and large it's just a pretty lame movie.

It actually IS student cinematography. And it's great, it gives a raw feeling.

Anyone has the "Clerks X." box set?
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Terrble acting, poor delivery on a lot of jokes, a lot of bad jokes. Crappy student-style cinematography. It has a few decent moments, but by and large it's just a pretty lame movie.

You are a terrible person and you should not be allowed near children at all.
Quote by DirtyMakik
It actually IS student cinematography. And it's great, it gives a raw feeling.

Anyone has the "Clerks X." box set?

Flying Car Scene FTW
clerks....i just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago with a friend. it was VERY different from what i was expecting. it was funny, don't get me wrong. but after all the hype it had gotten, i was expecting quite a different movie.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Quote by pak1351
It's a classic. It's like saying caddyshack isn't funny. You just don't.

-I have a problem sir...
-D'you take drugs Danny?
-Yes, everyday.
-Good! So, what's your problem?

I also like how every movie of the View Askuniverse are linked.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Firenze

Watched that movie for the first time a few days ago. It was freaking awesome.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Someone here has to be wrong......
IMO its dullsilver :P
uhhhh, yea
Quote by NorthStarRock
clerks....i just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago with a friend. it was VERY different from what i was expecting. it was funny, don't get me wrong. but after all the hype it had gotten, i was expecting quite a different movie.

YES this is exactly what I mean
+More

Funny....no.

Kevin should have left Zack and Miri on the shelf.

Superbad, Pineapple Express and Step Brothers have all been funnier for me.
Clerks was, and continues to be, fuxing EPIC. Like Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by b.m.s.
Flying Car Scene FTW

I laughed my ass off through that whole scene.

I liked the cut alternate ending. I thought it was better then the origonal ending, though it would've been kind of a downer.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
The movie is just dumb. The unrelated tv show on Adult Swim, however, is HILARIOUS.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Chalupacabra
That movie is pure gold. My favorite of the entire series is still definitely Mallrats.

Yeah that movie has inspired me to stinkpalm
the humor in it is more like blue jokes, theyre there, but they arent out in the open. thats what makes it so great. that reminds me i really need to watch this again

thank you pit
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
the humor in it is more like blue jokes, theyre there, but they arent out in the open. thats what makes it so great. that reminds me i really need to watch this again

thank you pit

Yes, the fact that you actually have to listen for the humor is GREAT!! and 100M get Nevar FURGET
one of the absolute best movies EVER.
i f*cking loveeeeeee it.
forreal.

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Page 1 of 2