Title says it all. I have 500 bucks, and that one pops out. I play Alt. Rock, Nu Metal, And Progressive Rock. Think I should get it?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
i have it, i love it, i got it in a creamy white color but replaced the stock bridge humbucker with a black duncan invader and it resonates well.

i love this guitar, i reccomend it, but also get it set up properly so it stays in tune after whammy abuse
So the strings don't stay in tune too well with the tremolo on this model?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
I have an SSS version from 2002, I love it, I can only imagine it being more kickass now with the HSS and coil-tap.

As for the tremolo, I use mine, it'll be fine as long as it's set up right, and even then, if you pull back up past neutral, it'll detune up, countering the detuning down, going back into tune. I do it all the time.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Don't abuse the whammy on it, it's not double locking.

The HSS isn't too great for metal by itself. But for $500 you can certainly get one and then replace your humbucker with a pickup, maybe a SD JB or a DiMarzio Tone Zone or similar.
Alright guys, it definetly sounds like a good buy then. I will get it soon then, whenever I have adequete time off work.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by tigerking615
Don't abuse the whammy on it, it's not double locking.

The HSS isn't too great for metal by itself. But for $500 you can certainly get one and then replace your humbucker with a pickup, maybe a SD JB or a DiMarzio Tone Zone or similar.

Alright, I will look for an adequete HB to replace it with.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
Alright, I will look for an adequete HB to replace it with.

I love strats, but be aware that you will get a very bright sound for the most part, which is not generally desirable for metal...
However if you like it go for it 'cause strats kick ass.
I'm yet to find one that doesn't play like a gem.