Which pickup is better? Im after a thick, heavy, clear sound which is super tight. The Dimebucker I currently have isnt a bad pup but its way too trebly IMO, so I need a pickup which isnt so trebly, the dimebucker kinda makes my amp sound like the guitars on retail release of death magnetic lol, I dont have this problem with EMG's, they are nice and thick sounding but I dont have enough dough to buy a set of those atm so I need a decent sounding passive, ive narrowed it down to Duncan Distortion or X2N, X2N is a little more expensive, but overall for thrash metal which is better?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Gary Holt from Exodus uses the Distortion (and recently I've heard he uses the Custom Custom), but Chuck Schuldiner of Death used the X2N. Personally, I'd go Duncans for Thrash, but I'm using the D Activator version of the X2N right now and trying to get "my" sound from it. It's a bit hard, but could also be because I haven't found the right modules for me in my amp yet
Quote by Ghold125
what kind of music do you play?

Quote by serbusfish
... but overall for thrash metal which is better?

Read the OP, Ghold
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Dance_of_Death
if you like the dimebucker, have you considered the bill lawrence xl500? it is less trebly and is relitively cheap ($50)
the dimebucker is a botched version of that pickup and a lot of thrash bands used it

Ive actually searched for them on ebay and all I can find are the Bill Lawrence USA versions of the L500XL, no one is currently selling the B&B version which ive heard are much better. Im not sure whether to go for one or not, they arent expensive so I guess I wouldnt be losing out too much if I ended up not liking them.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
None of the above - Swineshead Xbucker is what you're looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com