Page 1 of 2
And that's how you catch a UGer.

In all seriousness, though, what's your guys's opinions on the Guitar Hero series? I am somewhat of a fan of it, myself. I've beaten 1, 2, 80's Ed., and 3, I'm not gonna bother with the DS one, and I want to get World Tour. I'm a bit more into the Rock Band games right now, at the moment. Both series are good, though, imo,
Obligatory "My Gear" List
Crappy Fender Squier Strat (Got it from the strat pack I got when I first started)
Also crappy ~15 watt amp (^)
Line 6 Spider III (inb4flames)
Peavey Tracer (Got it from my uncle. Ftw )
Epiphone Les Paul (YEAAAAAH)
I've beaten 2 and 3, and rock band. Used to be obsessed, but then i picked up bass and haven't played GH/RB since.
Dood liek no wai go out and plae reel geetar
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Its good. Now expect all the angry "real" guitar players to come in and bitch.

rabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabble!
Im usually not one to be a dick but...Search bar man...We deal with this weekly.

I do enjoy Rock band a few times a week though,I dont much like the newer guitar hero's.
lern 2 play REAL guitar u poser, i bet ure only on this site cuz u played guitar hero and now u think u can play real guitar.

I love GH, I don't have it though. But people who hate it keep forgetting it's a game. Plus, the advert for World Series is awesome.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Rock Band FTW

Guitar Hero makes songs so fake its unbelievable, well besides the fact that they are fake, I'm a beast at Drums, i play Expert, I've beaten every song though recently i smashed my set for being gay.
It's stupid, if I want to play guitar I'll play guitar. If I want to play a videogame I'll play GTA
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Its good. Now expect all the angry "real" guitar players to come in and bitch.

Like I could really expect much else, XD.

Quote by wes_jett2008
Im usually not one to be a dick but...

Search bar man...We deal with this weekly.

I did search. Didn't see any really active threads in the first few pages, and assumed they were lost causes with how fast this forum moves, almost as fast as /b/ for god's sake >_>
Crappy Fender Squier Strat (Got it from the strat pack I got when I first started)
Its a fun mulitplayer/party game. I can imagine it getting boring really fast if you're playing it alone. I don't own any of them.
so many hours burned on that game. when i get frustrated on the real thing i go play GH. it makes me feel like im actually good.
i used to be seriously obsessed... my longest time playing at once was 11 hours.

But it got boring once i could play every song on expert, and then when everybody in my school would always be like "zomfg! through tha fire and flames iz like zhe greatest song evar! and tom morello iz zo awezumm!" then i began to shun guitar hero. I don't have anything against it though, like all the angry "real" guitar players like someone already mentioned.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
its cool, i got it for the wii. i havent played it in a while cuz video games get boring for me
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
i like it but what i don't like is when like free bird is on the radio and everybodys like "I"VE HEARD THIS SONG BEFORE" like they've never actually heard of lynyrd skynard BEFORE guitar hero.

example...

crazy on you comes on the car radio.

my sister is like I PLAYED THIS ON GH

im like who sings this song

they don't care.

but whatever just a pet peeve that people are being introduced into a an era where albums don't matter anymore and only downloaded singles define bands where they only have 2 or 3 hit songs when theres dozens of others if you just buy the dam album.

note: i support when bands say they're against itunes and stuff because they want pepole to buy the whole album.
I've beaten 1,2, and 3. I played a little of Rock the 80's, I havent played World Tour or the Aerosmith one.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Its a fun game, but it has gone to far. Battle of the Rock Bands? Seriously? It'd be cool if they just did it like MLG without everyone dressing up and acting like a douche.
guitar hero world tour, is SO much better than rock band
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Shun!! SHUNN!

jk I suck at vidja games
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
I don't really like it, I do like 'playing' the drums on Rock band/world tour though.

I know its just a bit of fun and obviously loads of other people enjoy it, which I have no problem with. However, as elitist as it sounds- I would much rather play songs on a real guitar.

Edit: when people were bitching about 'SEARCH BAR MAN!'- they were referring to the greatest thread on UG:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006453

The gaming thread, where this really belongs.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Chanto
Like I could really expect much else, XD.

I did search. Didn't see any really active threads in the first few pages, and assumed they were lost causes with how fast this forum moves, almost as fast as /b/ for god's sake >_>

By any chance, do you know how many movies Rurouni Kenshin came out with? I've only ever found one but was told 2+. I'm gonna get the entire collection soon and was wondering if the OVA series was any good as well.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by I<3Hobos
Rock Band FTW

Guitar Hero makes songs so fake its unbelievable, well besides the fact that they are fake, I'm a beast at Drums, i play Expert, I've beaten every song though recently i smashed my set for being gay.

try gh world tour drums
they rape rb with thier elevated cymbals and real drum pads(not to mention thedrum lines are very accurate
(ps i've played real guitar way before gh)
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by Wesseem
so many hours burned on that game. when i get frustrated on the real thing i go play GH. it makes me feel like im actually good.

^ This man is wise, what he said.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Yeah, I'd rather play the drums on Rock Band, mainly because I suck at the guitar part. I like Guitar Hero and all but RB has the character editor... Which is pretty much the only reason I play. stfu.
I like these games every once in a while. What I do dislike though, is that there are a lot of kids out there who put hours upon hours into these games and think they're cool because of it, without realizing that if they were to spend that much time actually playing guitar they might be able to play some of the songs on those games. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I use it as a means to find new songs to learn. I'll play the song on GH, and then I'll go and look up the tab or whatever and actually try to learn the song.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Quote by Pinky19
By any chance, do you know how many movies Rurouni Kenshin came out with? I've only ever found one but was told 2+. I'm gonna get the entire collection soon and was wondering if the OVA series was any good as well.

One or two might be under the alternate name- Samurai X.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I like both GH and Rockband, though 99% of the time I only play at parties/chilling with friends with no other musical interest

It's great to tell those "hardcore" guitar players that bitch about GH and stuff that I do play real instruments as well.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Pinky19

I'm really not too sure. I believe there was only a single movie, but that's just from what I barely remember reading off of Wikipedia, so I'm really not the best source for that, XD. All I know is Kenshin is amazing. Best anime that was ever on Cartoon Network, in my opinion.

Quote by bombsquadjunky
Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I use it as a means to find new songs to learn. I'll play the song on GH, and then I'll go and look up the tab or whatever and actually try to learn the song.

I pretty much do exactly the same, hah.
Quote by Chanto

not only did you use the lords name in the same sentance as /b/ but you compared UG to /b/

i say we surround his bed tonight in fap circle as punishment...unless he likes that
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by Blackbullet
One or two might be under the alternate name- Samurai X.

I think he may have meant the actual movie and the OVA Trust and Betrayal. Never heard of tat name before, thanks.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by stratsrule1990
not only did you use the lords name in the same sentance as /b/ but you compared UG to /b/

i say we surround his bed tonight in fap circle as punishment...unless he likes that

Uh-oh >_>.
*fkees*
Quote by stratsrule1990

You used the Lord's name and fap circle in the same sentence.

Quote by I<3Hobos
Rock Band FTW

Those damn drum sets can't keep off of eachother.
I used to loathe guitiar hero but I've had fun playing rock band with a group of people a my friends house. I don't really play video games much anymore though. Actually I think I still hate guitar hero.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Page 1 of 2