I'm looking for a new electric guitar, was hoping to find something along the lines of the following...

Mahogany or alder body
Good bridge (good locking bridge or a vintage trem/stopbar. Just needs to stay in tune)
Good stock pickups (real SD's or Dimarzio's)
24 frets would be a plus
Really good/low/smooth action. I've been spoiled by my S470.

I play all types of rock, some metal. Decent cleans would be nice.
if you save up you can get a nice ESP kh sig

i think they have alder bodies and all of the variations are 24 frets

just go to espguitars.com to look at, they don't sell them online.

as fas as prices go, they might push 1000 but maybe you can fiind a good deal somewhere
Michael kelly valor custom or patriot limited. i have a valor custom and i chose that over the patriot. the valor has a set in neck, mahogany body and neck w/ ebony fretboard. rockfield humbuckers, 3 way switch 1 vol. 1 tone, with coil taps and a stopbar. $550 the patriot limited is $500, the only difference is the finish, the bridge, and the body shape.
the valor is the way to go
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by Deanwings79
if you save up you can get a nice ESP kh sig

i think they have alder bodies and all of the variations are 24 frets

just go to espguitars.com to look at, they don't sell them online.

as fas as prices go, they might push 1000 but maybe you can fiind a good deal somewhere

They do too sell them online!!!! http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/esp-guitar-basses?N=100001+201358&Ns=P_Price%7c0&Ntk=All&Ntt=kh&Nty=1&rpp=20
Powned
Well I've been looking at a few guitars that might fit that bill. Check out an LTD EC-500 and a PRS SE Custom 24 (or the Paul Allender sig if your looking for something a little more metal). Although neither have SDs or DiMarzios.
PRS SE Singlecut
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
epiphone lespaul
or
the esp kh-202
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
It';s going to feel weird as hell going from an Ibanez to a Schecter ^

Anyway, check out the Jackson RR3.
Ltd Kh-202

EDIT: though that has a basswood body... though with emgs it doesn't make all that much difference i guess.

There's a 'scratch 'n' dent' LTD KH-602 in that link though... that looks pretty nice
I remember u!, you posted about your S470 like a year or 2 ago,

i wud just swap out S470 pup's, great guitar

i has one
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Schecter C-1 plus i hear is damn versatile
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
PRS SE Single cut, Dean Hardtail or Siltero.

Stock pick ups are good on the PRS, and awesome on the Deans.

The PRS is mahogany bodied, the Deans are too, but with flamed maple tops.

Good luck.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
If you go used you MIGHT be able to get a used Schecter C-1 Classic. 24 Frets, Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and SH-2 in the Neck, rosewood fretboard on a maple neck, mahogany body with quilted maple top, Grover Tuners, string thru-body but grovers will keep it in tune.

Schecters make great quality guitars. I have a Gryphon which is basically just a dulled down C-1. I have the cheap version and I am completely happy with it. Schecters are not just for metal like everyone thinks. I've pulled some pretty sweet tunes out of mine.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Jackson DK2M?

Plays great, 24 frets, two REAL seymour duncans, good licensed floyd.

/thread.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Definitely PRS SE (any of them) well made for the money, great tone and sustain, basically just all around kick ass.

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Now this is kind of a plug for my guitar but it fits the bill quite well.
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature SG.
Mahogany fretboard
Trem/stopbar bridge
Gibson Iommibuckers as stock pickups
24 frets compared to the 22 of normal SG's and G-400's
I don't know how much it costs where you live but it cost me $550 second hand here in Aus.
Although some people say not to buy a signature guitar this one is pretty versatile.
I can get grunge,punk and sabbath/kyuss style metal out of this easily.
So give them a look if you can.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.