Hey guys christmas is coming up and I am hoping to upgrade from my kustom KGA10, to a new amp. I plan to be a part of a band soon and start gigging in the near future. Currently I play a lot of punk, pop-punk, and screamo music (screamo type is more around the genre of the band I will soon play for). Now I have looked around and found some good deals on a Marshall VS100 and a Marshall JTM-30, correct me if I am wrong but the vs100 is a hybrid amp? I'm not sure entirely how that distinguishes it from an all tube amp if someone could please explain that? I am having a tough time deciding which amp would be best for what I want to do. I'm also open to any new amp recommendations if you have any, these choices are just what I am currently looking at. So if any of you could help me I would greatly appreciate it =]!
vs100 uses tube to shape tone, electronics to boost that tone to 100 solid state watts. The other uses tubes to shape and amplify. The all tube amp is better amp, but personal preference is what counts. The 30 watt tube will be about as loud as a 50 to 75watt hybrid or solid state amp. You could mike the 30 watt all-tube to a PA to increase "loudness". I'd do the latter if possible.
Quote by havocrus
vs100 uses tube to shape tone, electronics to boost that tone to 100 solid state watts. The other uses tubes to shape and amplify. The all tube amp is better amp, but personal preference is what counts. The 30 watt tube will be about as loud as a 50 to 75watt hybrid or solid state amp. You could mike the 30 watt all-tube to a PA to increase "loudness". I'd do the latter if possible.

Yeah my main concerns for the JTM-30 are tone (which I've heard is amazing and close to the jcm's sound) and how well this thing can crank, if it is good enough for practice, gigs, and recording.
JTM 30. Plenty loud enough.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i have a jtm-30. id say that or a classic 30
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by havocrus

Sort of... but there no difference between tube watt and solid state watt. A watt is a watt.

I think by electronics you mean a solid state power amp. A tube is techincally an electronic device