Page 1 of 2
I understand that just about every guitarist has there own unique playing styles. Whether you play more of a blues style, or a melodic death metal style, i made this thread to see the differences in guitar playing style. When I play, i have more of a trivium style to my playing (im just not as good as heafy and bealieu). So...how bout you guys?
I think a lot like Oli and Mike from All That Remains, 'Cept ill never make a song in standard tuning.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
david gilmour, page, or SRV.... but def nowhere near the skill level
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Mostly Tom Morello. Some heavy Jack White and Buckethead influences, too.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Johnny greenwood.

although i will never be as good
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
jimmy page style, although i think my attack is a bit more aggressive than his.
Greg Howe, Richie Kotzen, and I i've been told I have a nice legato like Satriani. Im no where near as good. But apparently you can tell in my writings.
Depends what I play :P, but mostly Becker/Friedman/Gilbert/Malmsteen :P
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Mmmh, I guess I play somewhat like Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth, Willie Adler from Lamb of God, a little bit of Malmsteen and Satch; and the rest of my influences just kinda show in little nuances I do in my playing.
Slash...I actually started out doing a lot of stuff he did...from watching vids and learning to play, and it stuck...now I am getting my own style and stuff, so I'm getting out of the noob thing...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Well, I mostly play rythm guitar, so I play like EVERYONE XD

But when I do start jammin some random stuff, I guess I sound a bit like Jack White. And I wrote out some chords for a song that are in a key I cant even begin to figure out, with a chord progression I've never heard, so I guess I write like no one. Ooh the irony
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I guess for me it would be John Frusciante. I love those screaming bends and the more pop-melodic approach on the new albums. But the funk from old is still pretty good. I learned a lot of RHCP songs when I started off, so I guess I've picked up some. I think I've also picked up some morello technique...
Chuck Schuldiner but nowhere near his father of death metal status.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I try to play like Zakk Wylde but it doesn't always work out so well. :p
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Somewhere between Frusciante and Hendrix
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
i play a lot like Paul Gilbert

it's a great thing to play like Paul Gilbert
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Probably Hetfield. I can solo, but don't that much. I focus on complexity and speed, while retaining tight rhythm.

In b4 someone turning what I said sexual.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
I kind of feel like a Jack White but not as stiff-legged, I noticed he doesn't bend his legs alot.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
mustaine because thats all i play other than a few other songs and my own ****. not to mention he's been my guitar idol for 7 years now.
prolly a mix of like wylde, glen drover, jeff young, friedmanish imo
no where near the amount of talent these guys have though
Jesper Stromblad from in flames. he uses really different chords to get much more depth to his sound that typical powerchords.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Frusciante, Slash and Synyster Gates would probably be mine, with some elements of EVH thrown in there.
hmmm maybe ****ty versions of angus young and ritchie blackmore. ive been told i sound like jack white too. i seem to think my leads sound like the simple earlier rolling stones leads like on time is on my side, and its all over now...idk if its keith or brian.
Last edited by Alander at Dec 4, 2008,
Well my rhythm playing is very similar to Pete Townshend and Malcolm YOung and my lead playing of Angus Young and Eric Clapton.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Kevin Shields and J Mascis. Lots of fuzz, wierd techniques, relatively simple riffs, three chord choruses and lengthy solos which I forget the minute I play them. Did I mention a LOT of fuzz?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Adam Jones from Tool for a lot of the progressive and cleaner stuff I do. Nergal from Behemoth for the metal.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Rhythm wise, very thrashy, I'll say Dave Mustaine. Lead playing wise, Michael Amott.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I play with influences from SRV to Vai to Robbie Flynn to Whitechapel, so my style kind of sounds like Satriani from hell with some chromaticism thrown in for the hell of it.

But what i play alone is alot different to what i play in my band. Mostly i play classic rock and shred by myself, but groove metal and deathcore in my band.

Its nice to be able to switch between the two.
Page 1 of 2