I need a good distortion pedal.. My main type of music is like Metal.. for example: Whitechapel, Necrophagist, Bullet for my valentine.. I want to know a good pedal i can get for under $100 bucks. thanks.
buy an EHX metal muff
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I Heard Metal Muff's Where great, I just wanted to know if there was one with the same quality I could get for a better deal
IMO, any decent sounding distortion works with metal. Crank gain, scoop mids. Boss DS-1 is probably the cheapest distortion pedal out there, so I would just get that for bang-for-your-buck.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Withouta doubt the line 6 uber metal. It is extremly versitaile. When i was using it i put it on the insane model with about 1/4 of the gain and it gave a great Metal/ Hardcore sound
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by AustinAtomic
^ I Have a Ds1 I hate it.

Can I have it?
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
If you really want a pedal, and wont upgrade your amp (which is the best choice in this situation), the Boss Metalcore is pretty good sounding, nice mid scoop and wuch. And ive heard alot of good things about the metal-muff, but i havent played it.

But my advice, a new amp. Sorry, it really does help though, i hate sounding like the rest of UG. haha

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
No. I like my amp.. I just dislike the distortion.. but thats what pedals are for.. I heard that metalcores are good too, But if I was gonna get a boss I didnt know a metalcore or metalzone.. so far I'm going for the Metal Muff
I've heard very mixed reviews about all of Boss' Metal-something pedals. People seem to either love it or hate it. Check one out in a shop and decide for yourself.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
You should really try out between the Metalcore and Metalzone pedals, they both have their qualities to them.
From what i've tested, The MetalCore has a better mid scoop to it, while the Metalzone has a better mid BOOST to it.

So if you know what you'd prefer, or if you want to try them out, i would reccomend that.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)