which one is better? peavey Vypyr 75, Vox valvetronix ad50vt, Or Crate flexwave FW 65? I'm getting a Schecter Damien special FR with it. going to use it mostly for metal/hard rock.
how many watts will the amp be?
if it's just for practice and small performances then i would get the vox.
the vox with a pedal. it has good cleans when you need them, good overdrive, and you can get a distortion pedal. pedals work great with it because you have excellent clean channels to put on on.
I'm in like the same predicament as you like really close
but im trying more and more amps and getting a schecter omen 6 fr

Ive tried the crate and that peavy and i would have to say the peavy wins by a landslide
Quote by athlete1
the vox with a pedal. it has good cleans when you need them, good overdrive, and you can get a distortion pedal. pedals work great with it because you have excellent clean channels to put on on.

Ignore this guy. You don't use pedals with modelers like the Vox (or the Peavey).

If metal and hard rock are your main priority and cleans aren't important, look at a Roland Cube also.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I've looked at the cube, I'm not really that impressed with it(should I be?) I also don't have anywhere to go play a guitar on any of these cause I live in a very small town.

I'm basically just looking to upgrade from my old rogue amp and guitar(it was my first real guitar ever), so anything is gonna sound better, haha. But so far it looks like the crate is out(anyone disagree?). so, Peavy or Vox?
peavey ftw
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by B_MONEY$$$
I've looked at the cube, I'm not really that impressed with it(should I be?) I also don't have anywhere to go play a guitar on any of these cause I live in a very small town.

I'm basically just looking to upgrade from my old rogue amp and guitar(it was my first real guitar ever), so anything is gonna sound better, haha. But so far it looks like the crate is out(anyone disagree?). so, Peavy or Vox?

The peavey and vox are good, so is the cube. I wouldn't get the vox if I was playing mainly metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not