I made a thread and have been doing some research and the general agreement is that I should get a blackheart. I play mainly classic rock type stuff like guns n roses and ACDC, which definately require some nice cleans. Occasionally, I will play some metal stuff like As I lay Dying, All that remans, etc but not very often. So i was wondering what pedals I should get with my Blackheart Little Giant. The price should not go over $150 because I am not looking to spend more on pedals than my amp. (plus my mom won't let me)
BOSS DS-1, look it up on you tube. Sweet.

BTW, did you check out the Crate V-18? It's cheaper and I think it sounds as good as a blackheart.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis

BTW, did you check out the Crate V-18? It's cheaper and I think it sounds as good as a blackheart.

Crate V-18: 2 loud for me lol.

btw, I'm buying the blackheart for $200 on zzounds.com its on sale
An overdrive, reverb and wah should do it.
I think the most important thing is the Od though so maybe an OCD? Probably too much though. TS9, TS7, Bad Monkey. Or maybe even an SD-1 though I recommend modding that.
For reverb, EHX Holy Grail.
Err, maybe a Original Crybaby? Can you up you budget a little?
But I'd say the most important thing is an overdrive
buying a boss ds1 would defeat the purpose of getting the blackheart

a tubescreamer would be a great choice but an even better choice would be a fulltone ocd

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

nope, the blackheart is definately the better amp.

Try some sort of tubescreamer.

The green screamer form BBE is ****ing bomb, if you can get 50 bucks your set.

If you want something a little bit more quality for a 50 bucks extra look at the Digitech hardwire CM-2, a TS9 aint that much better than a greenscreamer but a CM-2 just slaughters the thing.
Quote by THEKID546
nope, the blackheart is definately the better amp.

Try some sort of tubescreamer.

The green screamer form BBE is ****ing bomb, if you can get 50 bucks your set.

If you want something a little bit more quality for a 50 bucks extra look at the Digitech hardwire CM-2, a TS9 aint that much better than a greenscreamer but a CM-2 just slaughters the thing.

I looked on youtube and the CM-2 sounds good but is it really worth the extra $$ than say, the bad monkey.
2 od pedals is what you need 1 set for gain and one behind it as a clean boost and a eq pedal. but in order to get to that metal sound your lookin for is going to require you spend more money.
Last edited by mmjohn at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis

The Blackheart eats the Crate for breakfast, and then some.

A Fulltone OCD is really what you're looking for, OD wise.
The MXR Zakk Wylde Od.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
buy a tubescreamer
for metal buy a metal muff
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by rockaholic95
I looked on youtube and the CM-2 sounds good but is it really worth the extra $$ than say, the bad monkey.

DER DER DER.

Not that my opinion means much around here, but if I say this thing runs circles around a TS9 then a Bad monkey is no competition.

The new hardwires arent crap digitech stuff like before, if your going for a TS9 just get a greenscreamer the TS9 aint much better, but if you want a pedal that has more to offer than just a standard sound the CM-2 is the way to go for 100 bucks.