Man, did anybody see that? On the Grammy Nominations Live concert? John Mayer (spelling on Mayer?) and B.B. King rocked the house man. They played "Let the Good Times Roll" and it swung.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Yeah, they were cool as well.
I thought Mayer did a good job likening his style to that of BB's. BB definitely added something magical to the song, and his guitar parts were so simplistic. They got a standing ovation.
Quote by JMTrio134
I thought Mayer did a good job likening his style to that of BB's. BB definitely added something magical to the song, and his guitar parts were so simplistic. They got a standing ovation.

your sig is amazing
Link plz! I Soooooooooooo wanna see this now!!!

This will sound weird coming from a dude with a Greenday Avatar but, B.B is God!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Dang man....B.B.'s sound is so unlike anything I've ever heard.
Link Plz!!!!!! I Wanna See It!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by crackerpleaz
They were amazing!! I kind of expected Mayer not to be nearly as good as B.B. King, but damn!

Swing by the Mayer thread in the blues forum..There's some interesting videos about him there, turns out he's a great guitarist
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

someone find the damn link please
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
I can't find a link....It was like, just on, LIVE TV, so that's not so suprising.
Quote by tincho729
Swing by the Mayer thread in the blues forum..There's some interesting videos about him there, turns out he's a great guitarist

He's really good, but he doesn't seem to do anything that hasn't been done before in the genre.
Quote by Spamwise
He's really good, but he doesn't seem to do anything that hasn't been done before in the genre.

lol thats the blues for you....
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by Doppelgänger
Is Youtube down for anyone else?

Yep
Quote by Spoony_Bard
John Mayer is a damn good guitarist, but I wish he'd play music that uses his guitar abilities to their best.

Did anyone see him and Buddy Guy playing together? That was a great show too.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by JMTrio134

That's exactly what i though when i saw them. Not nearly as fluent as B.B, but he adapted skillfully.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by wolfy808
John Mayer is a damn good guitarist, but I wish he'd play music that uses his guitar abilities to their best.

Did anyone see him and Buddy Guy playing together? That was a great show too.

I think he was outstanding in the Trio.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It hasnt been on for me yet. its 8:44 and it goes on at 9.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Quote by Hirschberger
It hasnt been on for me yet. its 8:44 and it goes on at 9.

Record it & put it on youtube then PM me link PPPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE
Quote by Spoony_Bard
near the end
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by gunners fan
Record it & put it on youtube then PM me link PPPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE

Im recording it on Directv.

how does i upload to youtube from Directtv?

Im assuming you guys only want Foo Fighters and John Mayer/B.B. King right?
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- A shitty MIM strat
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Yeahh those would be great.
haha i love how theres still people who just hate john mayer and think he's a bad guitarist, and how he isn't a "blues" guitarist. sigh
either way i think he is very talented and is one of the few talented guitarists ive seen actually make it into mainstream and bbking well hes bbking. haha amazing
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
And Whats up with a band as kick ass as the Foo Fighters playing a cover like You're so Vain?
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- A shitty MIM strat
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZAdN7iCyE

Brad Paisley's cover

And here's the real thing with BB. King

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=m4J4S-F4_zE
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤