I have a Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany and when I bought it, I was having a very difficult time deciding whether to get a Schecter C-1 Classic or this LP. Obviously i chose the LP but now I am wondering whether i should sell my LP and buy a new Classic. I bought the LP used for $500 (it was a steal, that's what made me decide to get it) but when i look on ebay there are almost identical vintage mahoganies selling for around $600. The classic has nice cleans, singing leads, and a really great look. Is it worth selling my Lp, then spending an extra $100 for?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
...nice replies, huh?

I think it would be worth it.
LP Classics are amazing.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
Well i would sell it just because i dont really like the feel of les pauls, but other than that, i dont know.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I would, but that's cause I want a Classic. It's sexy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ultimately if your LP doesn't do it for you then maybe look for something else.

A friend of mine is a big Gibson guy and has been pointing out LP deals for me but I wanted something with similar specs (mahogany, set neck, decent passive pups, etc) that was more unique and equally versatile so I ordered a C-1 classic.

Should arrive next week . I ordered it without testing - kinda silly but the guitar is just so damn sexay .
sell it, buy a schecter! just don't buy a guitar without trying it out first!! make sure it feels right in your hands then make a choice.