I have a Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany and when I bought it, I was having a very difficult time deciding whether to get a Schecter C-1 Classic or this LP. Obviously i chose the LP but now I am wondering whether i should sell my LP and buy a new Classic. I bought the LP used for $500 (it was a steal, that's what made me decide to get it) but when i look on ebay there are almost identical vintage mahoganies selling for around $600. The classic has nice cleans, singing leads, and a really great look. Is it worth selling my Lp, then spending an extra $100 for?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
I wouldn't sell a Les Paul.

What about it do you not like? Or are you just thinking you might like the other one better?
well, at first i really liked my LP. But, now i am thinking that i would like the classic more. the seymour duncan's are said to be not muddy at all, and i think that my burstbucker pro's are a little muddy (especially when in the neck position). I know that i could just buy the seymour duncans and put them in my LP, but that would cost the same as selling my lp then buying the classic (and that's not even counting the cost of a tech putting them in!) And the classic would give me better access to the top frets, and it looks gorgeous
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
We can't tell you if you should sell it or not. It's all up to you. If you think that you are tired of your Les Paul and that C-1 is worth the extra money then by all means do it.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
If you don't like it sell it. I don't know if the Schecter is a better guitar not without playing your LP so you have to be the judge of that. I have played Les Pauls lately that I wouldn't buy for firewood and my all time favorite guitar is the Les Paul. I like Schecters and I own a couple that I like a lot. I have played some fantastic ones lately not only did they play likie a dream they looked great and I am not a fan ot the S type bodies I usually avoid them unless the guitar plays great. I can buy a guitar I am not crazy about the looks of as long as it plays well.

Right now it's a buyers market so selling might not be wise right now. Without playing your guitar I can say the $500.00 you paid for it was a decent price and if it's a good Gibson LP it might go up in value in the future or at least retain it's value at the worse.

John
Quote by guitarboy48
well, at first i really liked my LP. But, now i am thinking that i would like the classic more. the seymour duncan's are said to be not muddy at all, and i think that my burstbucker pro's are a little muddy (especially when in the neck position). I know that i could just buy the seymour duncans and put them in my LP, but that would cost the same as selling my lp then buying the classic (and that's not even counting the cost of a tech putting them in!) And the classic would give me better access to the top frets, and it looks gorgeous

thos C-1 Classics are sexy! I dont know if i would sell the lp, but if you like the feel of the classic and think its a better guitar, then it very well could be, IYO

Quote by johnro6659

Right now it's a buyers market so selling might not be wise right now. Without playing your guitar I can say the $500.00 you paid for it was a decent price and if it's a good Gibson LP it might go up in value in the future or at least retain it's value at the worse.

very very good point
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Dec 4, 2008,