Page 1 of 2
This came up before and someone said to make a thread about it but nobody did. What sort of jokes do you think are too far?

Personally, the only time I've thought a joke is REALLY sick is on the Australian TV show "Good News Week." They have a section where they laugh at people who died that week in ironic, random or stupid ways. I think that's disgusting.

But I've never been TOO disgusted by the pit...and south park is my favourite show.

Discuss.
Who's to say what is too far? Everyone is offended by something, and if you find it offensive, make sure you're not exposed to it.
Call me Jack
joking about fapping over that violent video thingie in another thread

i was like ummm no dude.....
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by RU Experienced?
No joke goes too far, anything in the name of humor is alright by me.

grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I think rape and dead baby jokes are terribly in appropriate.
If any of my baby nieces or nephews died, or my girlfriend, or any girl in my life were raped, I'd be devastated.

But there's such thing as being too over-sensitive. If it's all in good fun, fine. But if someone's just trying to be an ass, or someone is present that has been exposed negatively to those subjects recently, there needs to be some damn discretion.
Quote by RU Experienced?
No joke goes too far, anything in the name of humor is alright by me.

I pretty much agree with this. We have a joke around town:

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Being on the 35W bridge when it collapsed.
Quote by x_thurston_x
If any of my baby nieces or nephews died, or my girlfriend, or any girl in my life were raped, I'd be devastated.

That's looking at it literally and applying it to a situation, rather than just accepting it as a joke.
Quote by RU Experienced?
That's looking at it literally and applying it to a situation, rather than just accepting it as a joke.

I edited that reply. And regardless, some of them are just really bad taste.
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Dec 3, 2008,
If jokes are genuinely funny, then hey, it's funny. But a lot of jokes are just trying to go for the whole "shock" thing, and those usually aren't funny at all.
too far? well i think this is too far.

a father of a girl i know killed him self last year and an asshole just made a joke and said, yeah well you're so ugly you're dad killed himself. He fully knew that he was dead and it was suicide. man i had never been that upset. If i was there garunteed i would have assaulted him
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by hyroglyph!c

a father of a girl i know killed him self last year and an asshole just made a joke and said, yeah well you're so ugly you're dad killed himself. He fully knew that he was dead and it was suicide. man i had never been that upset. If i was there garunteed i would have assaulted him

Please tell me that SOMEONE assaulted him? Thats dispicable, and is not a joke, but an intentional stab at her. Does he still have his front teeth?

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by x_thurston_x

But there's such thing as being too over-sensitive. If it's all in good fun, fine. But if someone's just trying to be an ass, or someone is present that has been exposed negatively to those subjects recently, there needs to be some damn discretion.

Obviously you would be devastated any normal person would, you see the thing about a "joke" is that it's not "serious", as in, if you're offended by it either you have no sense of "humour" or you're a "twat".
Either that or the joke has no comedic value, therefore making it not a joke, and the joke teller not a comedian, just a prick.
Quote by hyroglyph!c

Ummm that isn't a joke, that is a dick comment.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by x_thurston_x

[/thread]

Seriously. This is exactly right.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I love "GNW" leave it alone!!!!!

Anyways, What do you call a musilim flying a plane?................

...........A Pilot you racist kunt! (yes I know how old that joke is but I don't care!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
once in my video technology class i was making a trade center memorial video and the kid doing at me started laughing when he saw a picture of a dude falling to his death. I almost punched him.

Also we were listening to a speaker at school who was a paraplegic and the kid said he was going to ask if he could still get an erection. I told him if he said it I'd kick his ass.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by dubstar92
Ummm that isn't a joke, that is a dick comment.

yeah he was TRYING to make a joke. i dont understand it but what a moron

Quote by Low_End_Rocker
Please tell me that SOMEONE assaulted him? Thats dispicable, and is not a joke, but an intentional stab at her. Does he still have his front teeth?

Im not sure what happened, and as far as i know, nothing did, I just heard it form the girl and her friends and i was devastated. he was trying to be funny which is what i meant be a "joke" but clearly it wasn't funny. just a fuucking assshole.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
This thread goes too far.

Seriously, most of the jokes i read here in the pit are inappropriate. Not to say they aren't funny, just inappropriate. I think that jokes are fine, but someone who is not in an emotional state to handle it, or if it was intended to hurt rather than cause a laugh, it's wrong.

EDITSKII:
Quote by cick13
Censorship is the antithesis of freedom.

I think you mean the antithesis of chaos, which is freedom from everything.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Last edited by samskii at Dec 4, 2008,
i personally think NO joke is going too far because anyone who gets deeply offended by jokes really has no life... but thats just me and im highly insensitive so...

probably the most offensive joke i know:
what did hitler say to the black jew?...

go to the back of the oven.

just because i say a joke like that doesnt mean i dont like that kind of person because i have both jewish and black friends. in fact some of my black friends love black jokes. people need to get a sense of humor and stop getting so worked up over something so harmless...

P.S. that thing on that TV show sounds alot like the "Bad News to Happy Music" on the Rob Arnie and Don show where they tell stories about tragic ways people have died but they play like happy circus music in the background. its freakin hilarious!
Quote by x_thurston_x

win

Quote by x_thurston_x

I had a friend who made cancer jokes while his mum had cancer, and I've known people who've been raped, had babies die, been anorexic, basically anything but AIDs I think, and I can still find jokes funny.

But laughing at a real life situation where somebody is dead is just like laughing as you watch someone getting beaten up or something like that.
Quote by spunky_chooken
I had a friend who made cancer jokes while his mum had cancer, and I've known people who've been raped, had babies die, been anorexic, basically anything but AIDs I think, and I can still find jokes funny.

Does this remind anyone else of that South-park ep when Aids jokes become funny?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by KwikKopy

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Being on the 35W bridge when it collapsed.

lolz that joke is said around here but you say something like "the holocaust" or "9/11"

P.S. cick13: hope you dont mind me quoting you in my sig but that was an incredibly smart quote. tell me if you want it removed
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
Quote by gunners fan
Does this remind anyone else of that South-park ep when Aids jokes become funny?

Yeah the whole thread reminds me of that :P
i dont think any joke should be considered as going to far because this would lead to a slippery slope of censorship (lol alliteration!!!)

however, there are time when certain things are inappropriate like making fun of someone's dead parent when that person is not willing to go with it
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by tonedeafidiot
Rape jokes about actual rape victims.

If we stop telling rape jokes about actual rape victims then we'd have to stop making jokes about Terry Schiavo, Helen Keller, O.J. Simpson, and a ton of other fun characters.
How do you get a dead baby in a tupperware container? A blender

How do you get it out? Nacho chips.
Quote by drunkinkoala
How do you get a dead baby in a tupperware container? A blender

How do you get it out? Nacho chips.

*yawns*
Quote by tona_107
Obviously you would be devastated any normal person would, you see the thing about a "joke" is that it's not "serious", as in, if you're offended by it either you have no sense of "humour" or you're a "twat".
Either that or the joke has no comedic value, therefore making it not a joke, and the joke teller not a comedian, just a prick.

Quote by spunky_chooken

But laughing at a real life situation where somebody is dead is just like laughing as you watch someone getting beaten up or something like that.

I don't find rape or dead baby jokes funny. I find those particular jokes inappropriate. Not just because of the reasons I stated, but because I plain out don't find them amusing. It's not my type of humor.

About other issues, if it's funny, then fine. But a stupid joke made out of bad taste or for a cheap laugh just isn't worth it.
Quote by AzureNight
*yawns*

I know I need new material. I haven't heard a new dead baby joke in awhile.

What if I... Oh yeah.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Page 1 of 2