some may remember my last thread askin for amp advice, but due to some certain circumstances, i am now in the process of wantin to purchase a new guitar... im lookin for somethin that first will handle a little abuse, has some fairly hot stock pickups, and looks good... i mainly play covers of classic rock song and like to have a good bit of crunch... i also am not too interested in whether it has a wammy or not... ill never use it like i think i may... just being honest... i just want somethin that sounds hot and will take abuse... i play classic rock, some modern stuff and some occasional blues... my budget is in the 300-500 dollar range... now let the advice/recommendations fly!!!
Last edited by cheaprocker010 at Dec 4, 2008,
lol esp for classic rock and blues... i say tele personally... but just about anything will get the job... but go with the tele =)
Well I like fenders for a good kick, a typical mim strat will run you around that and will give you enough crunch if you plug it up to a pedal or through some distortion.
i enjoy head
I second the tele advice, but if you want humbuckers I would suggest you look into used gibson sg faded specials.

edit: or an epiphone g-400 or les paul. as long as you have a good amp, any of these guitars will sound good.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by GuitarAustin95
get a esp or something.
idk maybe you could build her a cake or sumthing...
idk just made me think of that. lol
Quote by jimmysegun
idk maybe you could build her a cake or sumthing...
idk just made me think of that. lol

haha, what's that napoleon dynamite?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by cheaprocker010
sorry to sound like a noob or whatever.... but what is an esp? sorry im a retard

Haha. ESP is a guitar company. If i'm not wrong their guitars are mostly for playing metal and lots of really heavy stuff.
well ive owned a tele and a epiphone les paul... the lp wasnt built QUITE as sturdy as some think... and the tele was a BIG step over my squier(PIECE) but had a little too much twang to it... stock pickups werent very hot... and the bridge has needed constant adjustin every time i tune it. but it didnt need tunin too often, just enough to piss u off on a bad day... im have a little crush on some humbuckers since the lp did have a great tone... but im likin all the recommendations... especially like the michael kelly patriot vintage that Necrophagist777 suggested... keep the guitars coming!!
well besides necro, has anyone had good luck with the michael kelly guitars? that vintage and the glory models have both caught my eye with that beautiful black finish and both have good reviews... do they hold up well and what is the main jist of the tonal quality and actual tone of these guitars?
Quote by cheaprocker010
well besides necro, has anyone had good luck with the michael kelly guitars? that vintage and the glory models have both caught my eye with that beautiful black finish and both have good reviews... do they hold up well and what is the main jist of the tonal quality and actual tone of these guitars?

The guy is speaking thai not english but this is a good example. Very Good Player. Some Clean Playing, and some sick bluesy shred leads. It's of the Patriot Phoenix, which is pretty similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIS-bYe1vmU

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
anyone have good luck and tone out of the schecter C-1 FR? good price, humbuckers, floyd rose, yadda yadda, seems like a good deal...
Last edited by cheaprocker010 at Dec 8, 2008,