I have a strat that some times when I am playing it the volume drops and it cuts out. I have an Ibanez RG and it does not cut out so I'm thinking its not the amp but maybe the pickups in the strat can they go bad?
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER
Quote by Rodney Rocket
I have a strat that some times when I am playing it the volume drops and it cuts out. I have an Ibanez RG and it does not cut out so I'm thinking its not the amp but maybe the pickups in the strat can they go bad?

Always check the cables to the amp from your guitar.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
I don't see how; my strats done nothing but tonal goodness for me. According to your profile, it's a copy, so I'd say that's it; copies, while they look proper and feel decent, are nothing compared even to the bottom end of the real thing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Mm, I've got a similar problem, because some dumb**** tripped over my guitar cable when it was plugged in the socket where the cable goes has always been a bit loose, and sometimes if I shift it a bit it stops being quiet and gives a lot of feedback. At least it's only a Squier strat.
Could be a wiring problem. You might have to take a look at the wires that connect to the input jack, as they may have come loose and sometimes aren't touching the jack. A little solder should do the trick then though.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Its a copy but the craft man ship is great beautiful guitar. I had it about three years and it always blew me away it just played so good. just started acting up lately.
I could fix that I soldered the jack on my new Ibanez the nut got lose and tore the wires off so I soldered them back on and then put lock tight on the nut so it doesn't happen again. But I don't know if that is whats wrong with the strat. I will have to pull the jack out and check it.
Quote by Rodney Rocket
I could fix that I soldered the jack on my new Ibanez the nut got lose and tore the wires off so I soldered them back on and then put lock tight on the nut so it doesn't happen again. But I don't know if that is whats wrong with the strat. I will have to pull the jack out and check it.

It can't hurt. From the sounds it's either that or the cable that you're using, but unless your cable is mangled, then it's not likely that it's that. It could be something else, but it's pretty likely IMO that it's one of those two problems.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia