Why can't people be creative and not make a "black metal band" or death metal or anything like that. Its extremely repetitive and boring. Why not make experimental songs or hard rock or something that sounds nice.
something that sounds nice.

That's subject to opinion. And in my opinion, this sounds very good. And symphonic stuff is creative, it's not just hitting 2 different powerchords 32 times per bar throughout the song.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Rockdude10
Why can't people be creative and not make a "black metal band" or death metal or anything like that. Its extremely repetitive and boring. Why not make experimental songs or hard rock or something that sounds nice.

Just saw this now, so....

First thing, you obviously didn't listen to it, because the song on my myspace doesn't structurally rely on repetion very much, certainly not enough to be called 'extremely repetitive'.

Secondly, you tell me I should make an experimental song or 'something that sounds nice'. This leads me to believe you have no idea what experimental music really is. To me, when I think of experimental music, i think of unusual/dissonant (which, by defininition, is not meant to sound nice) use of chords/notes/intervals. I would say merging symphonic style music with 'black metal' is much mroe experimental than a hard rock song that sounds 'nice'.

Hey, if you told me you didnt like it and explained why without sounding like a retard I wouldn't care, but your massive generalisations and lack of knowledge just make you seem like an idiot.

And thanks entity0009.
Quote by Rockdude10

Because rock is more repetitive and boring in terms of indie types of bands, because they'res million rock bands, compared to fewer amount of black/death/etc metal bands
Me and my good friend, ambient artist Forneus (http://www.myspace.com/forneusproject) are gunna release an ambient split ep titled "Not all who Wander are Lost". Incredible Tolkien artist Ted Nasmith has agreed to let us use one of his works as the cover (as this is going be strictly limited), heres a (rough) version of it. Needs to be edited and evened up a bit more and stuff, but thats the main idea. We will have 3 tracks each (which are being finished right now). Should have something posted by the end of the week
i fail to hear the symphonic black metal... all i hear is boring synth pads
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
What song did you listen to? Because "King of the Golden Hall" is just like 30 seconds of a crppy idea (with boring pads ) but the other song has its fair share of symphonic-BM (although bare in mind im talking more 'Summoning' Style and not Dimmu style Symphonic-BM).
Last edited by mattallica at Mar 16, 2009,
Most of these other guys are just mentally disabled (apparently). Hell, why do you ****ing even open a thread that says "symphonic black metal" and expect something other than that? It makes no sense. haha.

As far as I am concerned, this is promising. It is pretty sweet from what I am hearing, though myspace is not loading the track fully. The vocals are pretty cool, kind of different then the usual. I have like a strange fetish for this LOTR sub-genre of black metal mostly because I love LOTR and I love the movie-esque atmosphere so many LOTR themed bands can get. Your music is no different. I really dig the synths, not in a Dimmu Borgir type of way; but in a different just as enjoyable type of way. They mix more ambient type of ideas, which is sweet as far as I am concerned. Your music sounds like a mixture of Left in Torment and Avathar. Both of which you should check out as they are inspiring. That artwork is also, pretty sweet.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
the other doesn't load. i know what you mean by sympho BM. but its still kind of an overplayed genre. Not much to do to make anything decently original. Even summoning gets repetitive after a while. kudos in the band, just not my thing
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
No problem, wasnt getting defensive, the other song actually has metal elements, so I was just a little confused. Thanks for checking it out!

And thanks alot Ulalume, Im a complete sucker for LotR too. The split EP is mainly inspired by Howard Shore, so if i can even capture at least a portion of the 'magic' he did ill be pleased.
Haha. I am right there with you. Hell, in my profile the song "The Gardener and His Rose" it pretty much an ambient/classical piece I wrote to practice composing inspired extensively by Howard Shore. I hope to one day be able to compose something similar to what you are doing (symphonic black metal). I think the best aspect of his compositions is that they are easy to play and rather simple, yet they are so atmospheric.

Its nothing overly special, if you send me your email I could send you some. They're no where near what you have going, but I'm getting there with my compositions. I'll add you as a friend on here so we can exchange PMs.