I was just wondering, because Crate amps are all going on sale and aren't on Musician's Friend anymore for the most part.
Fender HSS Deluxe Special Edition
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
No, they just switched over to the blackheart amps for the most part. I just did a search and they're still on MF, though the wait is long for the v series amps it seems.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
what do u mean the wait is long?
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
I'm pretty sure they are discontinuing the V series tube amps. But Crate isn't going out of business.
Why are they discontinuing the V series?? Was there a flaw or something?
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
Well, they were on a closeout sale, and about a week after I bought my V18-112 they were gone off the website. Not out of stock, gone. I think maybe they are selling off all these models, and bringing out a new series.
I wrote an e-mail to Crate a few weeks ago asking if the V-Series amps were being discontinued or if production was just dragging (Music123.com told me they were just out of stock and more would be coming in in about 2 weeks). I was told the series is being discontinued. I did see the Palomino V32 still for sale on most retail sites, but they typically don't show when going straight to Crate amps, even Crate tube amps. You typically have to refine your search to Crate amps in the range of $500 and it will magically appear. Unfortunately, it runs about $499, but the vast majority seems happy with it. Good luck!
So is the v32 better than the v33?
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
I'd say the V32 is better. I bought a V33 from Musicians Friend, and I sent it back 2 days later because it sounded like ****. I got the V18 next time, and I love it. I always heard the Palamino series are better amps.