Page 1 of 2
I have learned enter sandman, which I think its their easiest song, Im now looking into learning another metallica song, a little bit harder (maybe someday master )
I actually know all creeping death riffs at cd tempo, but im too lazy to try the solo (it sound too hard lol)
any suggestions?
The God That Failed, only cause I'm listening to it right now.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Zaio
(maybe someday master )

Before some Metallica fanboy threatens you with death/castration/worse, it's called Master Of Puppets, not Someday Master.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Before some Metallica fanboy threatens you with death/castration/worse, it's called Master Of Puppets, not Someday Master.

Your a d*ck

Learn "Metal Militia"
fade to black. its about as hard as enter sandman. actually, its pretty much the same solo, just switched around a bit
sad but true is an easy one. no remorse is easy but the solo can be difficult. anything off of the new album is pretty straight forward.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
I would recommend Seek and Destroy. Maybe One if you think you're up to that. Battery is a cool song too.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
MOP is actually pretty easy
Go for that or One. Nothing Else Matters is great for fingerpicking
ohai little sig.
Orion!
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
forget all that, learn The Thing that should not be. That song is badass.

or welcome home sanitarium. fairly simple song.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
forget all that, learn The Thing that should not be. That song is badass.

or welcome home sanitarium. fairly simple song.

Or anything from that album really. They're all really great songs.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
the four horsemen
if i had to lose a mile. if i had to touch feeling. i would lose my soul. the way i do
cyanide is quite easy and is very fun!
ride the lightning is awesome as well but a bit harder
Just learn Master of Puppets, learning it early really helped me improve my technique, start off slow and speed it up. In the long run I believe learning a difficult song early actually catapults your playing.
But Seek and Destroy and For Whom the Bell Tolls I find quite simple if you want to learn a simple one.
Quote by shadow__666

Quote by Tomo009
Just learn Master of Puppets, learning it early really helped me improve my technique, start off slow and speed it up. In the long run I believe learning a difficult song early actually catapults your playing.
But Seek and Destroy and For Whom the Bell Tolls I find quite simple if you want to learn a simple one.

Master of Puppets isn't hard is it? I thought it was pretty much all power chords....
did you learn enter snadman even the solos ? :S

i doubt it maybe just 2 riffs of it

but at your stage i'd learn

the four horsemen, hit the lights

kill em all stuff is fun
Quote by zacharydak
Orion!

YES!!! DO IT!!!
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
Quote by zhilla
Master of Puppets isn't hard is it? I thought it was pretty much all power chords....

just dont make the mistake by playing it easy(alternate picking intro, chorus, etc.), all down picking, except for obvious parts here and there, amd it'll really help your palm muting
Quote by zackmuise
YES!!! DO IT!!!

yes yes yes! o god yes!! YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by Connah
yes yes yes! o god yes!! YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!

i need a smoke
One nice and fun song to learn, Lepper Messiah... also Orion or Fade to black
the riffs are pwnage =E
"oh sh*t i gotta do vibrato"
-Marty Friedman

Best quote ever.
Ride the lightning ! the solo is amazing.

Orion. This is the best metal instrumental ever.
Stuff from kill em all is awsome. Or from ride the lightning. Like creeping Death.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Do Sad But True or for whom the bell tolls. Master of Puppets isn't NEARLY as hard as it sounds, but it does take a lot of patience. It took me about 2 weeks to get the 'spiderweb riff' at half speed after about 8 months of playing.
The Shortest Straw is a great song, I had some fun learning it.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Try Wherever I May Roam. It has some easy riffs and the solo is pretty straight-foward. It is also fun to play.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
MOP is easy and very helpful for improving your playing at the same time. I enjoy playing One, Battery, Damage Inc and The Day That Never Comes.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Hit the Lights is a lot of fun to play.

Sure as hell a lot better than Death Magnetic.
Master's not hard, it's just a matter of getting the tempo really. Someone said don't do it easy by doing alternate picking - I personally find it harder to alternate pick the intro riff.

Seek's easy, as is Bells (but that's just a bit boring really - it doesn't even have a solo ffs. >.<.

Death Magnetic's got some good stuff in. I LOVE playing My Apocalypse. Very simple song - the solo's not neccesarily 'easy' but it's not complex but the rhythm part of it is good. That Was Just You Life is also a good one.

I'd stay away from Cyanide because it's got weird timing throughout. You'll just end up kicking yourself.

Sanatarium is another good one.
Quote by zackmuise
just dont make the mistake by playing it easy(alternate picking intro, chorus, etc.), all down picking, except for obvious parts here and there, amd it'll really help your palm muting

because it's impossible to alternate pick and palm mute at the same time
Quote by ironman1478
because it's impossible to alternate pick and palm mute at the same time

what?? I never said its impossible or hard or whatever your implying, I never said they had anything to do with eachother, what Im saying is that the song is played downpicking, and there's alot of palm muting, and alternate picking is the easy way to play it. Is this your first day?
Page 1 of 2