Can anyone give me a legitimate positive outcome of the war in Iraq?

I don't want any one sentance answers like, "because it was good" or "we stopped those terrorist assholes". I just want to know, I'm not saying that there wasn't one. And yes I agree stopping saddam Hussein was good.

If not can you give me a good reason for going there other than saddam? And don't say oil

And if not that, can you tell me why we are still there?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
We got oil. And some honorable kills for new PVP gear I guess.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
no one on this site has enough knowledge on this issue to determine the long run outcomes of this war.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Isn't stopping a murdering diactator enough? Isn't it a good thing that we stopped a man who was single handedly trying to wipe out an entire race (the kurds)?

(I do not agree with the war I'm just thinking out loud)
The American military may have realised that it isn't as powerful as it thought. Doubtful, but it'd be nice.
Though that said, the new guy doesn't appear as gung ho, so may have muted my point already. Drats.
We strengthened our position in the region. Unfortunately it let Iran do the same, but with permanent bases in Iraq we'll be able to react quickly to problems in the surrounding countries.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by Zugunruhe
no one on this site has enough knowledge on this issue to determine the long run outcomes of this war.

No one on this site has enough knowledge to speak for everyone on this site.

In other words, piss off.
You're*
Quote by DardoBoy
Isn't stopping a murdering diactator enough? Isn't it a good thing that we stopped a man who was single handedly trying to wipe out an entire race (the kurds)?

(I do not agree with the war I'm just thinking out loud)

That doesn't seem like justification, in my opinion, seeing as the US killed alot of innocent people during bombings. But hey, maybe it stopped him from doing something uber bad. I'm just kinda surprised they haven't found osama binladen yet
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I don't care how I come out.

Islamic nations are, and always will be, volatile and out of control. I'm not racist, it's a simple fact. You cannot rule a country under religious grounds. And they can't help but kill each other. Iraq needed a complete asshole like Saddam, someone to fear. If America seriously thinks it can replace him with a democracy, be my guest. Let's see how long a soft touch will last.

Btw I'm a leftwinger.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by Oli_88
The American military may have realised that it isn't as powerful as it thought. Doubtful, but it'd be nice.

naw dude, the american military is too overpowered for this conflict. its built to dominate on open warfare, but its not suited to deal with a conflict when they can not distinguish enemies from civilians. we cant identify the enemies, but we could probably level the entire country if we wanted to. but then the UN might get mad. that was a joke, of course, but you get the idea.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Osama Bin Laden is a myth.

I think you're just trying to start trouble; I'm not sure on the validity of this thread.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Zugunruhe
naw dude, the american military is too overpowered for this conflict. its built to dominate on open warfare, but its not suited to deal with a conflict when they can not distinguish enemies from civilians. we cant identify the enemies, but we could probably level the entire country if we wanted to. but then the UN might get mad. that was a joke, of course, but you get the idea.

For the sheer volume of troops and cash that's been pumped in, pound for pound (ok, dollar for dollar) and life for life, I'm not convinced.

But still, I know you're right.
Ban Ki-moon would love that.
Quote by Slut
We strengthened our position in the region. Unfortunately it let Iran do the same, but with permanent bases in Iraq we'll be able to react quickly to problems in the surrounding countries.

Ok this is what pisses me off. Who the **** does America think it is that it can just go and build bases in any country and fortify it's positions. You don't see any countries doing that to us. America is like a close minded little child. And we wonder why 9/11 happened. Hmmmmm
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by zacharydak
Islamic nations are, and always will be, volatile and out of control. I'm not racist, it's a simple fact. You cannot rule a country under religious grounds. And they can't help but kill each other. Iraq needed a complete asshole like Saddam, someone to fear. If America seriously thinks it can replace him with a democracy, be my guest. Let's see how long a soft touch will last.

Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by Maus24

I think you're just trying to start trouble; I'm not sure on the validity of this thread.

Yeah, now that I think of it, you should probably have posted this question here.

Closed, tee-hee!
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up