I know I'm definitely not the only one who thinks this band is awesome as hell.
fun fact:angus attended arts school doing photography and failed terribly.

Discuss.
I don't like their music. I really think it's a bunch of noise (I'm not bashing btw). But out of genuine curiosity, why do you like their music? Maybe you can shed some light on it, cuz I really think I may have overlooked something.
Hm yea I can see why people wouldn't like it.
But what I like about it is the ambience the music creates. Their music has this tribal vibe about them, which is probably created by their vocal melodies being repeated over and over again and the drum parts. Also, I think their vocal melodies are pretty catchy, maybe not weezer-like hooks, but I find them catchy(might just be me), which just add to why I like them so much.
I don't know if I've described it properly, but I just like it.
I guess people here don't really like them haha.

Maybe give them another chance?
Which album did you listen to btw?
Quote by burndttoast
But out of genuine curiosity, why do you like their music?.

so dark and pounding. also noisy. these things appeal to me.

oh, the easiest album to start with is probably Liars, but i could see They Were Wrong, So We Drowned as an alright place to start.
I love em, I was extemely dissapointed when I missed them playing in cork..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I also saw them open for Radiohead. It was.. too out there for me.

The only CD I listened to was their self-titled one, "Liars." So yeah, maybe it's just that one?
Liars used to be one of my favourite bands. They played a show at the Troubadour here a few years back and it was amazing. I stopped listening to them a few months after the release of Drum's Not Dead. It wasn't bad or anything -- quite the opposite, actually -- but my taste in music has changed and I wanted something with a little more structure.
saw them in august at the outside lands festival. and it was frickin awsome. they're a great band and they're last two albums have been pretty much perfect
I was going to make a new thread but I saw this.

What does everyone think about Sisterworld? Scissor and Scarecrows on a Killer Slant are my two favorite tracks. I think this album is really good.