If you could either choose a Les Paul Studio or Standard which one would you choose? I ask because i'm caught between getting a Studio or Standard; I can't really see a difference between the two, except the cosmetic appeal in the standard. Don't worry about my music styles or what I like to play just give me your opinion on what I should be worried about and which guitar I should get
If I had the money to buy either one, I'd definitely get the Standard. I mean, you might as well.

But if I were in a situation where I could get the studio, or I could save up a while longer and get a Standard, I'd probably just get the studio. All these considered, the differences between them aren't big enough to make me wanna wait and get a standard. Don't know if that makes sense, but there you go.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Get a Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II. Great pickups swapped out from guitarfetish, and comes with a Acoustic pickup hidden in the neck. Nice nice nice, and cheaper than those overrated Gibsons! Very comparable to Elitists imo, and the hidden NanoMag pickup provides some very nice percussive yet bright acoustic tones
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Dec 4, 2008,
Obvious, the standard
Better feel, better tone
Look at the specs on each to see for yourself there "is a difference"

2004 Gibson LP Std SE
Randall RG75 G3
Marshall JTM30
Bugera 4 x 12 slant cab
Digitech RP500
Quote by psychokiller99
If I had the money to buy either one, I'd definitely get the Standard. I mean, you might as well.

But if I were in a situation where I could get the studio, or I could save up a while longer and get a Standard, I'd probably just get the studio. All these considered, the differences between them aren't big enough to make me wanna wait and get a standard. Don't know if that makes sense, but there you go.

+1
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Bahh, I never complain about search bar, but there was a thread about this yesterday.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Better build quality on the standard, slightly better pickups too, gibson les pauls are way overpriced though
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
to be honest, I am leaning towards the Studio so I think i've made up my mind. Thanks for the input, guys!
Quote by the_caretaker
to be honest, I am leaning towards the Studio so I think i've made up my mind. Thanks for the input, guys!

You won't regret it. I've got a Studio, and it's fantastic.

One thing though: the Studio has a thicker neck than the Standard. Some people don't like that especially shredders. Whatever you do, spend some time checking out the feel before you empty your pockets.
Yeah, definitely have to do my homework and all. The thicker neck and body weight isn't really an issue for me though, so I think the main thing would be finding one with a really nice sound
The Standard should be better build quality all-round.

However, try them all out. I've played £3200 Gibson Custom Shops that were worse than my generic £280 Chinese-made LP copy, and I once found a £800 Studio that was better than the three Standards sitting next to it.
Every Gibson varies so much, you can forget about whatever the website stats say and whatever the online stores say. You have to get into a shop and try them out, and when you find one that's good you buy that exact guitar, not one from the back of the store room or online. On average the Studios are worse than Standards, but you never know. It's worth going around several shops and trying as many as you can.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.