Page 1 of 2
I have huge trouble getting to sleep every night.
I toss and turn.
I'll be over an hour before I can finally go to sleep, its frustrating!
I'm not tired during the day, its just when it comes to going to bed at night, I can't do it!
I'm just not tired!!
I exercise and that doesn't help.

I've tired reading before I go to bed to help relax myself and it helps a little, but not much.

Do I need to see a doctor?

Can I get a Prescription?
No more caffiene for you.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
try getting a better bed. or drink a lot thats what i do. All men have trouble sleeping
Quote by Squish
try getting a better bed. or drink a lot thats what i do. All men have trouble sleeping

A better bed, would help.
Could that be my problem?
My bed isn't the best.

I dont drink caffine or even soda at all.
Let's hope it's corrected more easily than your spelling probelm.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by el-ECTRO
No more caffiene for you.

You live in the UK too so, are we both up really late? or did you just wake up early?

EDIT: This is relevant... I can't sleep...
I have trouble sleeping as well. For me, it's a comfort thing. If I get comfortable enough and then it becomes easy.

I read somewhere that clearing your mind and lying perfectly still with your eyes closed for 10 minutes makes most people fall asleep. I fall asleep after 7.

Also, listening to music makes me fall asleep. I usually fall asleep after two 3-minute songs.

I don't really think taking something to make you sleepy is a good idea as my mother does that and she's become dependent on it.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 4, 2008,
smoke a bowl before hittin' the sack?

and if you're not into the whole pot business

...smoke a bowl before hittin' the sack?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
same thing for me, except it can take up to four hours. i self medicate with diphenhydramine, which is marketed as "simply sleep" at rite aid. its moderately effective, better than nothing.

i havent gone to see a doctor, but i accept that i probably should, so you should too. you might be able to get a heavier drug, but i personally dont want to be knocking myself out with ambien every night. thats a serious addiction. the diphenhydramine is less intense, more like a strong suggestion to go to sleep instead of forcing you into unconsciousness.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Whats so weird about taking an hour to get to sleep?

Try listening to your iPod for half an hour or so, Helps me sleep easier.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Drink a mix of orange juice and caffeine. One of the few substances that's controlled in Canada and the UK but not in the US.
fap! and if not yet asleep, repeat. You or your arm will give out soon enough
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com
Quote by NutZz?

This be wise.

On the caffeine subject though. If your not drinking any, then you should prolly drink a little. You'll crash hardcore after some strong coffee.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by fierce1289
fap! and if not yet asleep, repeat. You or your arm will give out soon enough

Be careful with this one though, I fell asleep whilst fapping one night, boxers down, penis out, blankets off, needless to say when mother walked in my room in the morning.. To this day I wish I was I dead .
Quote by Thepoison92
Be careful with this one though, I fell asleep whilst fapping one night, boxers down, penis out, blankets off, needless to say when mother walked in my room in the morning.. To this day I wish I was I dead .

Quote by Thepoison92

I appreciate the advice LOL
Quote by Thepoison92
You live in the UK too so, are we both up really late? or did you just wake up early?

I woke up early.
School timez naow
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
I woke up early.
School timez naow

Hahhh! Unlucky *takes the day off*
Quote by NutZz?

this
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
I can't sleep easily as well, but yesterday was an exception. I was reading Harry Potter, and playing the guitar at the same time. I didn't know what happened, but I woke up relatively early today with my head on the book and my guitar on my chest. I think its some position or angle or something. Having the weight of an electric guitar on my lungs seem to help a lil'. And I hated school when I was still in a school, so I often sleep on the desk with my head on books and that sort of stuff. So maybe it's some position that you sleep in when you take a nap or something. I find it easier to fall asleep on the desk than on a bed, even if I wake up with cramps after that.
Here is something that has worked for me EVERYTIME.
I do a memory "eraser" type deal. Think about something? usually it's my best friend and i think about her, and then i block it out. and then the next thing...is a girl from work im getting to know, and then i think about the people at work, as i think of these things i erase them out of my head. it sounds weird when you read it but it's really helped me. It;s like a chain of events. Like girl> work> work stuff> school. I even go down to objects like, knives, penicls, guitars anything that my mind is set on, i take it out, be it humans, animals, and as i do this, i fall asleep not even knowing what the last thing i thought of was. I read this sime where and though bulll****, but i tried it and its worked for the past year now. just an example of me

girl> work> school> school supplies ( i know its rediculous) > grass > earth> space. Oh and i usually imagine all of these as i think them. until im left with nothing but white. man this is weird typing out, but it works. try it out.

tl dr ( i think thats too long didnt read, I dont know) just erase the thoughts in your head as they come, youll find that when you think of them, they wont came back to you unless you try. its never been a circle for me...yet
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
How much sleep do you get a night? It might actually be too much. Or you're simply not matching bed time with your natural energy cycle. Or you're (WHAT HAVE I DONE?) a perpetual manic. Or you've got a sleep disorder or AIDS.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by ILoveGuitar07
I have huge trouble getting to sleep every night.
I toss and turn.
I'll be over an hour before I can finally go to sleep, its frustrating!
I'm not tired during the day, its just when it comes to going to bed at night, I can't do it!
I'm just not tired!!
I exercise and that doesn't help.

I've tired reading before I go to bed to help relax myself and it helps a little, but not much.

Me too
take a decent (but not to big) swig of nyquil if you have any...10minutes and you wont be able to stay awake if you wanted to...

or ....smoke a bowl...
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Quote by Thepoison92

LMAO! I bet you're mom had problems looking at you without laughing for days lol I know I would.
i dont sleep best either.getting to sleep not a problem.i just get into a comfortable position.lie there with my eyes closed until i fall asleep.
Try not to think of anything.clear your mind before you get into bed.and relax.

I cant get into a deep sleep that my problem.i normaly get bed just before 12.and my alarm is set for 6.45am sucks i know. but i wake up in the middle of the night (half asleep well half awake)
Quote by Thepoison92

I didn't sleep last night either... Spooky.
So err, yeah, I don't know the answer!
Maybe you're an insomniac? I'd definitely see a doctor about it to see if medication is necessary.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07

Sounds to me like you're fishing for that prescription, son

And, I usually spend 1-2 hours in bed before going to sleep. You get used to it.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
i have weird sleeping patterns. i usually stay up 48 hours in a row, sleep five hours, stay up 48 hours, sleep five and do that the whole week. then on the weekend i sleep in till around five or six PM!! it's been like this for months.
Stay off the PC and tv for 2 hours before going to bed. Stay off the phone.

Problem probably solved.
Quote by Jackolas
Stay off the PC and tv for 2 hours before going to bed. Stay off the phone.

Problem probably solved.

this but may increase chances of suicide
Quote by Mezzo4te
this but may increase chances of suicide

Can't tell how serious that reply is!
Page 1 of 2