I have heard a few times during my research that Fender amps do not sound as good with humbuckers (like on my Les Paul). Is this true?
Which amp are you talking about? Depends on what you are playing - Fender Amps are GENERALLY built for bluesy, classic rocky things and single coils and P90's voice it very well. A coil split could work well in that instance too. However, certain things are almost exclusively for Fender, like the holy grail Surf genre amps.
Quote by DardoBoy
I have heard a few times during my research that Fender amps do not sound as good with humbuckers (like on my Les Paul). Is this true?

Depends on the amp. Most guitars sound bad through thier solid-state crap ones.

But Run any LP through a twin reverb. If you tell me it doesn't sound good i'll castrate you.
It's not really true, especially for those amps. The smaller fenders like the Champ and the Princeton flub out on the bass and OD a bit too early with humbuckers, but a Deluxe Reverb or anything larger sounds great with an LP.

The Super is a fantastic amp with a les paul. Depending on the volumes you usually play at you might want an OD pedal of some sort, but it is definitely a good match. The twin is probably overkill wattage-wise unless you're playing squeaky clean over a crazy loud drummer and using pedals for most or all of your dirty tones.