Page 1 of 4
Hey Pit. I'm going to England with my family for 3 weeks and I'm just wandering if anyone that lives/has been there before can advise me on some stuff to do there. Obviously we're going to all the main attractions in London and stuff but I'm curious as to whether there is anything else to do that isn't so widely known.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
Hey Pit. I'm going to England with my family for 3 weeks and I'm just wandering if anyone that lives/has been there before can advise me on some stuff to do there. Obviously we're going to all the main attractions in London and stuff but I'm curious as to whether there is anything else to do that isn't so widely known.

No.
Quote by Jackolas
How about..

PIE AND MASH SHOPS!

Jackolas, I don't think you could get anymore British if you tried

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Jackolas, I don't think you could get anymore British if you tried

shopping, you have harrods, hamleys etc

and there is an entire street of music shops, one has some incredibly rare guitars
6 Denmark St, thats where it is, the shops callled vintage and rare guitars
Quote by webbtje
Prepare to be cold, bloody freezing in London at the moment.

Can't win with this damn weather, not a fan of the central heating on all the time..
It was dark this morning Depressing.

All the main attractions of London should be fine. The eye, Tussauds, shopping etc.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
It was dark this morning Depressing.

All the main attractions of London should be fine. The eye, Tussauds, shopping etc.

Yeah I woke up and thought it was around 4am or something.

Don't forget London Dungeons.
Quote by metaladdict123

and there is an entire street of music shops, one has some incredibly rare guitars

I totally agree, you gotta go have a look.

Heres the link for the shop
http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/Home

I've got GAS for the black explorer!!ummmmmm
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
there is a giant toyshop in london most people don't know
i met darth vader there 3weeks ago!!!
he is taller than i thaught he was

****, there's no darth vader smiley
Quote by Strings On Fire
there is a giant toyshop in london most people don't know
i met darth vader there 3weeks ago!!!
he is taller than i thaught he was

****, there's no darth vader smiley

Did he tell any good jokes?
not much really... liverpool (where i live) isn't even that good, no idea who on earth voted it capital of culture, it's crap!
erm, london... i suggest you just walk to the eurostar tunnel and get the eurostar to paris, that's much better
Quote by Dempsey68
not much really... liverpool (where i live) isn't even that good, no idea who on earth voted it capital of culture, it's crap!
erm, london... i suggest you just walk to the eurostar tunnel and get the eurostar to paris, that's much better

you realise most things will be closed during xmas yeah?

come a few weeks later and then the sales on al the shops are on! and due to the financial crisis on at the moment, you can expect some really low prices and huge reductions hopefully.

also i think i read somewhere that this year winter is going to be very cold/rainy, so pack a whole lot of warm clothes and raincoat.

also if you want to know what to do, it really depends on where you are going. but in London there is plenty to do. if you like museums then there are loads there and a whole bunch of castles and London tower etc... and very good shopping if ur into that
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Dude go to Camden Town check out the punks! Swing past Brixton an pick up sum goods off the charming street vendors and hit Fabric, try and pub crawl the circle line an see how far you get and to end it all off have a snakebite at the walkabout..... done.
PuTTing it StRAIGHt In YOUr MoUTH
Quote by midi pure
you realise most things will be closed during xmas yeah?

come a few weeks later and then the sales on al the shops are on! and due to the financial crisis on at the moment, you can expect some really low prices and huge reductions hopefully.

also i think i read somewhere that this year winter is going to be very cold/rainy, so pack a whole lot of warm clothes and raincoat.

also if you want to know what to do, it really depends on where you are going. but in London there is plenty to do. if you like museums then there are loads there and a whole bunch of castles and London tower etc... and very good shopping if ur into that

Well I'm leaving on the 15th of Dec. so I should be there long enough for the sales.

Quote by metaladdict123

This will do.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you're referring to Hamley's, you'll find it's on the "to go to" list for many, many, MANY tourists in London.

Yes.
Buy a top hat and drink tea, you wont want to leave.
I do it all the time.
Quote by Adz2706
Buy a top hat and drink tea, you wont want to leave.
I do it all the time.

Glad to hear it my good man! Another scone?
Why would you want to go to twickenham?!

I find English christmas traditions pretty crap, I don't know why the TS would want to come here.

But if you insist, I suggest you get out of the city and see some countryside as well. Maybe go to the coast, visit stonehenge, spend some time in the West Country, it's the most beautiful part of England...
lols england isnt top hats an tea anymore you average britsh steriotype is a football hooligan who is drunk and quite possibly looking for a fight ...but yes im sure you will have a spiffing good time old chap london eye is always quite the specticle...could i perhaps interest you in a cup of tea and biscuits my good man??
Quote by bass is bestest
lols england isnt top hats an tea anymore you average britsh steriotype is a football hooligan who is drunk and quite possibly looking for a fight ...but yes im sure you will have a spiffing good time old chap london eye is always quite the specticle...could i perhaps interest you in a cup of tea and biscuits my good man??

No, I'm english and I drink tea and eat crumpets all the time. I also constantly wear a top hat and have met the queen, as well as talking like her. Spiffing. Good show, jolly good.
I'm off for a game of croquet.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I find English christmas traditions pretty crap, I don't know why the TS would want to come here.

BOO! BOO I SAY!

That is simply not true. I believe Christmas in the UK is excellent.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
spend some time in the West Country, it's the most beautiful part of England...
Definitely.

But seriously, I'd stay away at the moment. It's so fucking cold
Don't go to London! Manchester's the way forward. Go ice skating in Picadilly Gardens. Loooooads of shops. Afflecks palace is this indoor alternative clothes market-style place that's pretty cool.

I'm guessing most big cities are pretty much the same... shops and stuff. SO check out the countryside. The lake district, peak district, snowdonia in Wales? Stonehenge. Glastonbury's a cool hippy town. Really abstract, but nice. From what I can remember.

Oh yeah go to Blackpool and go up the Tower. The most tackiest town in the world. England's Las Vegas.

Do the Otley run in Leeds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otley_Run

I've never been to London for some reason, and have no desire to.
go to leeds armoury...

/only english attraction i know
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Come to Scotland and witness the majestic beauty of the most beautiful area in The UK with the hills dusted with snow and the castles glittering in the frost.

Disclaimer: Scotland cannot be held responsible if yer baws freeze off
Seeing as you're staying in London, I would say the Saatchi Gallery, Tate Modern, Tate Britain. Go to Camden Town aswell.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
When you arrive, do me a favour and take a few of these down:

You need to open your mind, it's getting a bit stuffy in there.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Visit one of the many eel and pie houses in england:

They eat this shit for breakfast.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 4