hmmmm. . . . .

Im making a left handed les paul and realised the pots will taper the wrong way. I've been looking for some that have the opposite taper but cant find any.

Is it just as easy as wiring the pot up in reverse? or do I need to source some pots?
I don't think they make em the other way around. Don't left hand guitars have the same pots as right handed ones? Seems pointless to make them taper the other way.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Couldn't you wire it "backwards"? There's three connectors, and one is hot, the other goes to the ground. So if you do it backwards you'd end up with what you want, or am I seeing this wrong?

It's like this, right?
^Well, if they're log pots then yes. If they're linear then I don't see the difference.
why dont you just get some without numbers on? surely that'll be less hassle
thats the knobs that have the numbers.
JS Customs: Reply to my first post with the link for the left handed pots so all these other recomendations stop
I'm not sure if I'm right but because the way a pot is built it can only work in one direction. If you wire it in reverse I dont think it will work, it will be full volume when it is suppose to be zero and the reverse.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Epi for some stupid reason uses lefty pots SOMETIMEs. My LP standard came with lefty pots and knobs. Well aftermarket lefty knobs dont exist. My other LP came with lefty pots and righty knobs yea that was fun to figure out. But saved me from buying knobs. Best advice rip em out and put good regular pots and knobs in it. I tried wiring the lefty pots backwards but they didnt work very good. Not sure epis thinking all my other lefty guitars have regular pots in em, so its a pain to remember on the LP up was down. One of those cases of a solution to a problem nobody had.
Thanks everyone. Spoke to Tim at Bareknuckle pickups who's pointed me in the right direction.

guitarcam123 bang on the money. Thanks.
Quote by jscustomguitars
hmmmm. . . . .

Im making a left handed les paul and realised the pots will taper the wrong way. I've been looking for some that have the opposite taper but cant find any.

Is it just as easy as wiring the pot up in reverse? or do I need to source some pots?

Or wire T3 to T1 and T1 to T3.