Well after getting my VC30, I've realised that I need a good OD pedal with a fair amount of gain, as I can't boost the Drive channel with my feet as I don't have the VC30 footswitch.

So I don't know how the Bad Monkey goes but I've heard nice things about it.
Are BOSS ODs any good? I mean, I know its BOSS...but just thought I'd ask.

If any has a link to an Australian website that sells just VC30 footswitches, that would be great too
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Don't they just use standard footswitches? Surely a footswitch would be cheaper than getting an OD pedal...

It's not really that cheap, but I'd get a Visual Sound Route 66 or a Jekyll & Hyde (bonus of the added distortion).
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Boss Super overdrive pedals are only like $100, and pretty damn awesome.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Digitech Bad Monkey. If it doesn't have enough gain, get a distortion pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I have a Boss Overdrive/Distortion pedal and it works a treat.
got good overdrive and distortion.

however i'm thinking of trading that in and getting a Russian Big Muff.
Well I have a USA Big Muff, which is nice and chunky but I want a good clear OD to do clear leads and nice not-so-chunky riffs...if that makes any sense.

I've been looking at either a Bad Monkey or a BOSS SD-1...

EDIT: My MG footswitch works with the VC30, so I could use the amp OD as a boost as well.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Last edited by sebastian_96 at Dec 5, 2008,
Why not just get the footswitch?
The fulltone OCD is really nice but a tad expensive or you could try a tubescreamer. ive fallen out of love with my boss Blues Driver so eventually ill get a OCD or TS
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I could look at a Fulltone OCD, I've heard really good things about those.

I'm gonna study up on Bad Monkeys.

the muffin!
yea check out the ocd demos on the fulltone site if your interested.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by Jesstaa
Boss Super overdrive pedals are only like $100, and pretty damn awesome.
They've been $40-$50 for years

Also, when boosting an amps gain channel with an overdrive pedal, you are adding output to your signal. You're not really using the gain from the pedal.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Get a distortion OD's imo, are only useful for tightening up tube amps. Especially the Maxon OD-9/808
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
bad monkey tube screamer or blues driver
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.