yo pit

thinking about getting my bachlor degree @ newcastle university (UK). anyone here studied there? opinions? having a hard time choosing where to study.

oh, and i will be an international student...
i rock more than gravel
What are you thinking about studying? All I know really is that it has a VERY good reputation for music, so if that's what you're studying, it's great. It's probably great for other subjects too, but I haven't really looked into that.

EDIT: I guess in a university campus it'd probably be different, but my mum used to live in newcastle and said it was very racist. She had to put on a geordie accent just so she wouldn't have the **** beaten out of her.
I've got a few mates there who've only said good things about it. What it comes down to is whether YOU like it though, would there be any chance of you coming over to the UK for an open day to check it out? That's probably the best thing to do.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by korinaflyingv
but my mum used to live in newcastle and said it was very racist. She had to put on a geordie accent just so she wouldn't have the **** beaten out of her.

your joking right??? i always go to newcastle with mates and im not a geordie infact im a sunderland supporter anyway your mom must of made up that bed time story for you
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
I'm at Teesside. I'm from Cumbria tho. Teesside is a great laugh and a great Uni.
Urgh we dont want people of your kind here, i say, bugger off you, yea i said it, bugger off *shakes fist and look's down upon thee*

/sarcasm.

Newcastle isnt racist at all, it's pretty laid back if anything. I havent been to newcastle uni, but im ive been to northumbria, and it was ok to be honest, perhap's you can look into both of them?
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by korinaflyingv
"my mum used to live in newcastle and said it was very racist. She had to put on a geordie accent just so she wouldn't have the **** beaten out of her"

Thats a lie, I'm from Newcastle and it's possibly, if not, THE most multi-cultural area in the UK next to the Eurostar Tunnelv
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
your joking right??? i always go to newcastle with mates and im not a geordie infact im a sunderland supporter anyway your mom must of made up that bed time story for you

not a lie. key words: "used to live".
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Thats a lie, I'm from Newcastle and it's possibly, if not, THE most multi-cultural area in the UK next to the Eurostar Tunnelv

not a lie. key words: "used to live".
I'm from newcastle and like naywhere there r peopl who r accepting of none geordies and those who r just stupid....but for the most part they dpont seem to mind ppl who arnt geordie...unless you happen to be from sunderland :P actually thats jsut a handful of stupid football fans who are like that but neway, newcastle uni is 1 of the best in the country for medical courses, and they can be quite snobby about who tehy admit for it.....be warned though newcastle as a place to live is very lively, its defiantly a good place if you like crappy dance clubs and lots of pubs!
Mihyaeru, you just made my head hurt with that wall of un-punctuated text.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Mihyaeru, you just made my head hurt with that wall of un-punctuated text.

thats what the geordies get for supporting newcastle lawl

jkjk
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Run for the hills. Fassa goes there so you might wanna avoid it xD

Only joking Fassa

In all seriousness, it is a good university depending on what you want to study. I dont go there. I wouldnt go there. Only because its up north and cold.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Run for the hills. Fassa goes there so you might wanna avoid it xD

Only joking Fassa

In all seriousness, it is a good university depending on what you want to study. I dont go there. I wouldnt go there. Only because its up north and cold.

Southern bastard.
DANK MEMES
Quote by Jawkster
Southern bastard.

South >>> North by miles.
Quote by Guitardude19

South Yorkshire >>> North Yorkshire of course .
DANK MEMES
Newcastle >>> Everywhere else.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Jawkster
South Yorkshire >>> North Yorkshire of course .

>_>

South England >>>>> North England.

South England >>>> Anything above Manchester >_>
Quote by Guitardude19

Yeahhh.

TS, those of us in Britain who are sane, we have a rule.

We call it

"Stay the hell away from the north"

well what im thinking about studying is computer science.

and the arguements about it being cold are pointless :P i'm from norway.

i guess what im wondering about is campus life, mainly for international students, and if anyone knows anything about the course (computer science)
i rock more than gravel
Quote by mortengh
well what im thinking about studying is computer science.

and the arguements about it being cold are pointless :P i'm from norway.

i guess what im wondering about is campus life, mainly for international students, and if anyone knows anything about the course (computer science)

(I think) one of my friends has applied for computer science there. He hasn't visited it though, so I dunno what it's like.
I'm at Northumbria University, same course though.

I put in a UCAS Application for both though and got accepted for both.
It's a multi-cultural area, plenty of international students, my friends lives with a Swedish woman, a Norweigen (sp?) woman & a German lad in one flat, they all speak English well though, so it may help if you can speak it a bit better than just the basic volcabulary.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
yeah m,y text is rubbish im lsooo lazy when i type online, i should really spend more time checking it but oh well i just kinda type as i think without stopping, hehe