Hey guys.

Basically I'm buying a Bugera 333xl, the shop only has the head though and no 2x12 cabs, only the 4x12s.

A 4x12 is useless to me:P Now my question is, would any 2x12 cab work with the 120w head, or only certain ones? The guy said he could phone Bugeraand order the combo but it wouldn't be here for christmas
Aslong as the cab is rated at a minimum wattage of 120w and the Ohms match the output from the head, you're golden.
So if I can find a 212 with a minimum wattage of 120w and match the Ohms I'm good to go with the head?
Is this gonna be hard to do?:P
'We added Impedance switching to match virtually any speaker cabinet, from 4, 8 to 16 Ohms.'

Does this mean as long as the cab can handle 120 watts any one at all will do?
Quote by sdmf.1919
'We added Impedance switching to match virtually any speaker cabinet, from 4, 8 to 16 Ohms.'

So long as the cab runs at anywhere between 4-16ohms then yes
ohai little sig.
Quote by sdmf.1919

It can handle almost any cab. You just have to set the impedance switch acordingly and you're fine.

i.e the Bugera 4x12 is 200watts
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Pretty much. Also, there's an edit button.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
orange cabs are rated 120 watts at 16 ohms, any 2x12 with celestion v30's will handle that head. if you live in the states you can something similar to the orange cab for half the price at www.avatarspeakers.com.
Nah Im in the uk man.

Sorry to change the subject, but can anyone here commebnt on ordering amps online?
I was thinking about ordering the combo off GAK, is it safe with the tubes?
get the head + a 2x12 vader cab
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
get the head + a 2x12 vader cab

^Definately this. And if you can afford it get a 4X12 Vader cab.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

depends on where you're playing... at bedroom playing 4x12 will be WAY tooo much
Quote by mongo_man
depends on where you're playing... at bedroom playing 4x12 will be WAY tooo much

not really, depends on the head not the cab
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
not really, depends on the head not the cab

well - four 12" speakers is useless for bedroom prac

edit: you won't open up your tubes for that real warm sound which is so speacial about tube amps
Quote by mongo_man
well - four 12" speakers is useless for bedroom prac

edit: you won't open up your tubes for that real warm sound which is so speacial about tube amps

Downsizing from a 4x12 to a 2x12 won't really allow you to open up your amp more. If you have an amp that sounds like **** at low level volumes, it will continue to do so no matter what cab. Also...it isn't even that much louder. The only big difference is the fullness.

I have both a 2x12 and a 4x12 and I have problems with the 2x12 slightly overpowering the 4x12 so I have to turn down the volume on the 2x12 channels a bit.

On their own, they both sound amazing at low volumes...because it is the AMP that sounds good at all volumes...
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by mongo_man

not at all, done it for years. just use overdrive pedals and keep the volume low. I never even used an attenuator either. it can be done.
Quote by kayman121
Downsizing from a 4x12 to a 2x12 won't really allow you to open up your amp more. If you have an amp that sounds like **** at low level volumes, it will continue to do so no matter what cab. Also...it isn't even that much louder. The only big difference is the fullness.

I have both a 2x12 and a 4x12 and I have problems with the 2x12 slightly overpowering the 4x12 so I have to turn down the volume on the 2x12 channels a bit.

On their own, they both sound amazing at low volumes...because it is the AMP that sounds good at all volumes...

Yeah, exactly, this^
Quote by TheEsupremacy

Tell me, honestly, do you have problems with reading comprehension? Or perhaps you just didn't read the TS's post.

Quote by sdmf.1919

A 4x12 is useless to me: