Page 1 of 2
I wanted to know what your best gig was this year, i am interested to hear from everyone anywhere in the world. As i am in bonny Scotland it would be cool to hear about different venues and atmospheres!

Mine was Underoath at the Garage in Glasgow, such a good live band and the pits were sweeeet...

By the way this is my first post on this forum....
Iron Maiden - Mansfield MA. It was kickass.

By the way, Welcome to the pit, prepare to be girlfriendless and alone all week nights the rest of your known life.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
So far probably Radiohead even though it was pissing with rain through most of it.

Hopefully The Wildhearts can top that tonight.
Smashing Pumpkins and Queens of the Stone Age. Two of my favourite bands, together on the same night, epic mosh, people buying me booze. Not even Corgan's typical dickheadness could ruin it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The Unholy Alliance Chapter III I think; I haven't been to a lot of gigs this year what with the moving.

Was the Black Crusade this year? If so, Machine Head come out on top, otherwise the ol' Alliance.
Its hard for me to decide, it's either Opeth with Baroness and High on Fire, or Children of Bodom with Between the Buried and Me and the Black Dahlia Murder. Both shows were absolutely insane.
mine was probably all shall perish and the acacia strain
its that or all that remains. both shows were amazing
*Thinks of gigs from this year* Probably Paganfest Europe, in Leeds Rios. Got to meet Eluveitie and chat with them for a while, which was pretty awesome. It felt like it went on for days as well.
DragonForce in Leeds Uni was amazing as well.
SlipKnoT with Children Of Bodom and Machinehead is coming up in just over a week, that may be the best so far
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
anathema at the cathouse in Glasgow on the 5th of November and last year was roger waters in Amsterdam for my 23rd bday
At The Gates at Bloodstock was absolutley epic. Pissing with rain but the sense of anticipation was something i've never felt anything like before.

Honourable mention to Three inches of blood at leeds
ABBA
Quote by bada-bing
I wanted to know what your best gig was this year, i am interested to hear from everyone anywhere in the world. As i am in bonny Scotland it would be cool to hear about different venues and atmospheres!

Mine was Underoath at the Garage in Glasgow, such a good live band and the pits were sweeeet...

Duff McKagan's loaded at exactly the same venue! Awesome tiny little sweathole. Were the toilets covered in cum and blood when you were there?

And to the rest of the pit, I assure you, they really were covered cum and blood. I don't know if someone cummed the blood or not, but they were definately both there
Mine was probably The Hellacopters at Debaser 26 oktober... It was a kickass goodbye!
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
Not very tr00 of me, but Rage Against the Machine at Reading was the best this year, and possibly the best ever.
Megadeth and Machine Head, the only gig i've been to.
But it was amazing, especially when it was raining and there was lightning and thunder when machine head played.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by Nizzi
SlipKnoT with Children Of Bodom and Machinehead is coming up in just over a week, that may be the best so far

Wish I could have seen them when they played in Sweden.

Machine Head's the best live band I've seen, and Children of Bodom were alright last time I saw them.
I hear Slipknot's pretty amazing live as well, but I have never seen them.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Duff McKagan's loaded at exactly the same venue! Awesome tiny little sweathole. Were the toilets covered in cum and blood when you were there?

And to the rest of the pit, I assure you, they really were covered cum and blood. I don't know if someone cummed the blood or not, but they were definately both there

Yes as is always the case for the Garage, the toilets were particularly gruesome!
probably foo fighters & rage against the machine
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Iron Maiden, when they came back to Puerto Rico for the Back In Time tour.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Quote by zero_wing
At The Gates at Bloodstock was absolutley epic. Pissing with rain but the sense of anticipation was something i've never felt anything like before.

Honourable mention to Three inches of blood at leeds

Wasn't that bad really, it did rain, but i dont remember it pissing it down, i was against the barrier though, so i couldve been sheltered from the stage, but yeah best band of the weekend

My best gig that wasnt a festival would have to be Opeth w/Cynic & The Ocean or Unholy Alliance III
Slipknot (Machine Head & Bodom) next week should top BFMV (Lacuna Coil, Bleeding Through).
DANK MEMES
RATM at Leeds.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Velvet revolver in a small sold out show before they split...awesome!

Also Airbourne & Stone Gods was pretty awesome
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by bada-bing

i saw underoath too!! i saw them at the myth in st paul, MN. the whole thing was amazing! they had their sweet "rock-V" light things and a lot of fog and wierd lights to give it a really eerie feel. the devil wears prada and saosin were there too. amazing....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
The Raconteurs @ Kool Haus, Toronto, Ontario, June 5, 2008
ft. The Sadies

EXTREMELY CLOSELY FOLLOWED by

Foo Fighters @ Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, March 17, 2008
ft. Hi-Fi Hand Grenades & Against Me!

And NIN was pretty entertaining, though I'm not a huge fan.
signatures are budget.
The Killers had the greatest show (very surprisingly) of the year for me. Amazing live.
Followed by RATM and Muse. Very fun
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Slipknot & Machine Head, two weaks ago. not only the gig of the year, but probably my favorite show ever (of about 20 I've been so far)

CoB were at the same show, they were really bad, but I wasn't here for them, so it doesn't really matter :P
RATM at Leeds Festival.

Friggin' A!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
leeds festival

not strictly a gig, but bloody good

the highlight being the last shadow puppets
Feeder just edges out The Subways. Although, Megadeth were also quite good. Those would be the top 3 anyway.
Rage, Bloc Party, Editors (Only because I had a rather tasty Belgian lady on my shoulders for most of it) and Queens Of The Stone Age. (Yes, all at Reading)
iron maiden in tampere ! <3
Quote by Placenta_07
I think he likes me more than a friend but I like girls, like when I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

Quote by 12Jim34
^Wow. That's pretty abnormal.
Page 1 of 2