So for school I have to find a poem or song lyric that kinda goes along with what life was like in the book 1984. If you dont know the book heres some info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

I figured since a lot punk songs are about hating government and stuuf, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a song thats kinda got to do something with 1984.
another brick in the wall would work.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Immediately springing to mind is '1984' by the 4 skins.

Otherwise, you could go for the Bread Kennedys' 'California Über Alles', or the Clash 's '1977', which both namedrop the book.
"Fuck Everybody Who Voted Tory" by Oi Polloi name drops 1984. Plus it's a decent song.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Dec 4, 2008,
I have no idea who or what Tory is, and I refuse to learn because I am an American and I don't care about anyone but myself!

Anyways, you should totally enlighten me on who Tory is. I have no idea and I generally like that song.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Big Brother by the Subhumans
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by daz93
1984 - David Bowie, it's inspired by the book
can't believe I beat Jet to this one.

AS;DLJKF H;SADIJALF FUCK YOUR LIFE!! A;SLKDJ I WAS AT SCHOOL IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

But yeah, he's right, do 1984 by Bowie. Or "We Are the Dead," also by Bowie. Both are based on the book.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Resistance is Futile - Jets to Brazil
Morning New Disease is about 1984 as well
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by maiden_mexico
another brick in the wall would work.

No it wouldn't at all.

And I agree with Big Brother by The Subhumans

Jack my swag
the day the country died album by the subhumans
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by daz93
1984 - David Bowie, it's inspired by the book
can't believe I beat Jet to this one.

would have said the same thing, had i got to this thread first
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Jett Diamond
AS;DLJKF H;SADIJALF FUCK YOUR LIFE!! A;SLKDJ I WAS AT SCHOOL IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

But yeah, he's right, do 1984 by Bowie. Or "We Are the Dead," also by Bowie. Both are based on the book.

The whole Diamond Dogs album was supposed to originally be based on 1984 right?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by axeslash
I have no idea who or what Tory is, and I refuse to learn because I am an American and I don't care about anyone but myself!

Anyways, you should totally enlighten me on who Tory is. I have no idea and I generally like that song.

Tory= British and Canadian Conservative party nickname
so, like our version of the Republicans
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Ok, I swear I posted a reply about the tories.

In a nutshell: Margaret Thatcher was the head of the Tory Government that systematically raped the United Kingdom over the 1980's.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Meowgret Thatcher would be a great name for a cat.

also Chairman Meow or Meow Zedong

You've got to be kitten me. That's the mousyest thing anyone's ever said!
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Meowgret Thatcher would be a great name for a cat.

Damn damn damn.

Why didn't I think of that?
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

Oh lordy, I wish I wasn't allergic to cats now.
More names for Kats:

Winston Furchill
Herman Purring
Joseph Furballs
Adolf Kitler - Mein Furrer!
Reinhard Heydrich
My friend has a cat named Otto Von Bismarck.