title says it all!

should i get an angus young SG or a tony iommi epiphone
the angus signiature is a grand more expensive than the iommi but is it worth the extra money?

thanks
Unless your extremely convinced you want a signature model, I would suggest neither ! Just by a very nice Gibson SG classic !
ok thanks!
I figured that since the signiatures are so much more expensive they would be 100x better!
Quote by ryan kazm
ok thanks!
I figured that since the signiatures are so much more expensive they would be 100x better!

No

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
^^^Not really. Kerry king has a signature MG amp thats 10 bucks more than the regular one but its not any better. The iommi guitar has the fret markers etc and the angus has the wammy. Its still a SG. The vibrola or what ever they call the wammy isnt known for its tuning stability. And Ive never seen angus with the bar actually in the guitar or heard him use a wammy. The epi iommi one is actually supposed to be pretty good.
A: Modern Gibson quality control is bull****
B: They're quite different instruments. If you want to play hard rock or metal, get the Epi. If you play old school classic or blues rock, get the Angus or indeed the '61 reissue.
C: I suggest you buy an Epiphone G-400 and put your favourite (Bare Knuckle ) pickups in. I reckon it would still play just as well, and sound better. Besides, the higher end Epiphones are in fact often better than today's non cutom shop Gibson models, or at least most of them.
out of the two, id go for iommis
but thats only because the pick ups are killer and i bum iommi.
but like other people have said, just getting a normal SG model and changing the pick ups is propbably the more economically friendly version
Iommi's would be cool. The cross fret markers would look cool if you like to play live alot.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
id get the iommi SG (epi) used to have one and they are really nice guitars. Very versatile not just for metal cope with blues etc and clean up surprisingly well. I have a lefty left if you want, I dont use it anymore so if you happen to be left handed and still interested then send us a PM.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
I'd get the Angus. Here are a few reasons:

1. Guitars with Maestros are so damn sexy.
2. I'm not a big fan of Tony's tone, therefore would rather have the 57 Classic and the Angus pickup than Iommi pickups.
3. The Angus Young is a Gibson.
4. Angus is my idol.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Quote by Rock Pig
A: Modern Gibson quality control is bull****
B: They're quite different instruments. If you want to play hard rock or metal, get the Epi. If you play old school classic or blues rock, get the Angus or indeed the '61 reissue.
C: I suggest you buy an Epiphone G-400 and put your favourite (Bare Knuckle ) pickups in. I reckon it would still play just as well, and sound better. Besides, the higher end Epiphones are in fact often better than today's non cutom shop Gibson models, or at least most of them.

absolutely not. yes their QC is not as good as it used to be, but you blow things way out of proportion like many other UGers.

to TS. Try to lean away from signature series models, as artists themselves dont even use them. Angus Young uses a Gibson SG 61' Reissue, i suggest you try one of those out. I owned a custom shop epiphone with a Maestro Tremolo bar like the one the Angus sig has. it does NOT keep in tune very well. Again, try out a 61' reissue SG.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Tony Iommi sig for sure, The pick ups in those are sick! I wish I could afford just the pups to swap out in most of my guitars but they are about $170.00 ea!!!!!! As far as I know Gibson only made the Tony Iommi SG for one year and let Epi take it over but the good news is they still use the Gibson pups. When you play as many guitars as I have you would know Gibsons QC is horrible now a days.

Mr Music near me had a Tony Iommi marked 2nd for about $500.00 I have played it everytime I have been in the store and it's remarkable. If I didn't keep getting deals on other guitars it would be here with me. Myself and two of the slaes men went all over it to find out why they marked it a 2nd but there is nothing wrong with it except it's marked 2nd. The Tony Iommi sig is probably the only sig guitar worth buying because the pups alone are going to cost you over 3 bills alone add that to the price of an Epi SG of similar quality and you've spent the same and you won't get the cross inlays.

I have tried the Gibson Angus sig and I don't like it at all the trem s*cks big time the guitar didn't sound all that great IMHO. Truthfully all the times I have seen AC/DC live I never saw Angus play a guitar like that and that includes the show I saw about a month ago.

John