ive got two things i wanted to post about but i thought id condense two posts into one to save forum traffic.

when im finger tapping (not like the hammer on andp ulling off, when you bring your picking hand over to tap of the fret board)
for example, in this basic patter --12-8-5-12-8-5-12-8-5-
i the note always buzzes and dies when ever i tap on the 12th fret
why is that? what am i doing wrong?
doi need more powerful pickups or something? at the moment ive only got factory humbuckers

and my second thing is how do you get that killer grindcore guitar tone?
like this band and other of their ilk?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=232803213
Don't know exactly how to help with the tapping, but having active pups will make any tapping more easier (more sensitive, will pick up the freq better).

As far as the grindcore tone goes...

For guitar, turn up the bass (isn't it obvious?)

For grindcore vocals, find yourself a pig, and begin to butcher it while recording its dying screams...
as for tapping, your strings are high enough not to get normal fret buzz right?

it also really helps to have callouses on your right hand, i get em from playing bass a lot

for that tone it sounds like hes in drop C, and hes got a ton of distortion and treble all the way up with little bass or mids
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Nihil
as for tapping, your strings are high enough not to get normal fret buzz right?

it also really helps to have callouses on your right hand, i get em from playing bass a lot

for that tone it sounds like hes in drop C, and hes got a ton of distortion and treble all the way up with little bass or mids

cheers
no id dont get fret buzz usually, maybe im just not tapping accurately as i thought i was on the 12 fret

i'd been thinking maybe he'd turned treble and bass up really high and had no mids but i think yours is probably more accurate