I want to put my pedals on a pedal board, but I do not really want to velcro them. I would rather bolt them down do the board, but I dont really get how I could do this. Could anyone tell me how this works? I know this is what zakk wylde does. Any help?
what's wrong with velcro? it works great, and it's easy and not permanent. bolting is extremely unnecessary.
you can use the bits of a bike chain to mount your pedals, just unscrew the screws at the bottom, than put a little piece of that chain on the screw and screw it back in. than get another screw and use that to fasten the pedal.
sorry for my vague explanation but I don't know how too explain it.
I've done it that way though but since I build a new pedalboard I just use velcro, it really works great. just make sure you really 'rub' the pedals in
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
we practice in an old barn and the velcro gets full of dirt really easily and it doesnt work as well. bolting would work much better for me
i think bolting is dumb too but heres my idea: I'm going to use a boss stomp box for an example, I just measured it and it's 12cm long x 6.5cm wide. If I wanted to screw this down I'd get a piece of plexiglas, about 0.25" thick cut it to 14~15cm x 6.5cm. Then I'd put the pedal on top of the glass, eye it up and put one pilot hole in the center of the top overhang and one in the center of the bottom overhang. Then I'd use superglue/liquid nails to stick it to the back of the pedal for good. Also, before I stuck them together I'd cut little notches out of the glass so I could get to the screws on the back of the pedal if I had to.

thats what I'd do

edit: now I see why you don't want to use velcro. good thinking then. do this. and you wouldnt have to use plexi glass per se, but I'd use some polymer thats relatively ductile, you don't want anything to crack/chip when you put the pilot holes in there, or when you torque down the screws
Last edited by wyantsm at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by guns_rosesldb
we practice in an old barn and the velcro gets full of dirt really easily and it doesnt work as well. bolting would work much better for me

What kind of velcro have you used?

I have a roll, about 2 inches wide, i can pick up my entire board by one of my pedals that has 3 strips of this stuff(its a wide pedal and the board weighs about 25 lbs).

If you can dont velcro your entire pedal board, just use strips under your pedal and the same sized strip on the board to stick it to.
just take the back cover of your pedals and use the pedal board as the back plate and put the screws through there, i suggest making it out of clear plexiglass and chuck neons and LEDS under it