ok i have a freshman electro acousitc (mid price range, nice acoustic)

i also have a fender hot rod deluxe, ive tried amping it and every time it sounds awful, really awful, ive tried fiddling with the onboard eq for hours and the amp too, it just sounds like a bad electric, either way to tinny or muffled, the guitar isnt the problem as when i bought it i tried it through a cheap acoustic amp and it sounded much better, what should i do? i have an acoustic gig in a few months, i want to resolve this so i dont have an awful sound for my gig

any ideas suggestions? i really dont think a valved guitar amp should be used with acoustics?
Its an electric guitar amplfiier....
Ideally an acoustic guitar amplifier should be used.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
ok so thats the problem, any suggestions? its gonne need to be gigwortyh and cheap, im kinda piissed that i have to buy another amp or is there anything i can use to plug into the PA or anything like that?

edit: http://www.guitar.co.uk/pedals/acoustic/1596-agx_acoustic_attack_preamp_pedal

can i get somthing like this and then plug the XLR into the PA system?
Last edited by lefthandman9876 at Dec 4, 2008,
i had to use my schools electric amp with my acoustic and got the same problem...it was partially solved by using a feedback buster (little plastic circle thing that goes in soundhole) to get rid of feedback and some of the problems that come with using an open soundhole in front of a amplifier...try tweaking your settings a bit so you dont have to worry about getting a whole new amp, although that would be your best bet.

edit:

edit: http://www.guitar.co.uk/pedals/acou...ck_preamp_pedal can i get somthing like this and then plug the XLR into the PA system?

or you could do that also if your playing alone...once tried playing a coffee house me on acoustic in the PA with a singer and my bands guitarist played some clean electric on his own amp and the levels were being difficult in order to hear everyone.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Last edited by burgurhead1812 at Dec 4, 2008,
It's not going to work to well at high volumes, the amp will start to overdrive.
I know it's not a gain-like amp, but it'll still break up at some point.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You can buy a DI box and plug your acoustic straight into a PA. That would probably be the easiest thing to do without you having to buy a new amp.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Behringer DI Boxes are cheap and great quality.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Check out pawn shops for cheap stuff. Or your local craigslist, though I'm not sure how many people will be selling DI boxes on the list.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
You should be able to plug the lead from your guitar straight into the PA. Most PA systems have 1/4" inputs.
Quote by Natrone
Check out pawn shops for cheap stuff. Or your local craigslist, though I'm not sure how many people will be selling DI boxes on the list.

sadly i live in england, we dont have american style pawnshops, and craigslist doesnt exist here i dont think, or at least its not very good
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by lefthandman9876
sadly i live in england, we dont have american style pawnshops, and craigslist doesnt exist here i dont think, or at least its not very good

Oh, sorry. I assumed you were from the States and now look what I've done! I've made an Englishman sad
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray