Hey Pit,
I've got to do a video piece for my journalism course about games etc. so I thought I'd get some footage of gameplay, or of me playing.
Is there any kind of software tht can capture what's happening on my monitor and record it as I play so I can play it back again in high quality? If so what would you recommend?

Thanks Pit.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Such magic does not exist, to be able to do what you seek you must travel to the land of NARNIA!!!!
let me guess... you're making a video about how horrible, disturbing and offensive ego-shooters are and how they ruin the kids? at least that's the only topic related to pc games, that is being discussed in europe
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
I'm pretty sure you can download a program called Hypercam.

Google it.
Quote by entity0009
I once death-metal growled at my mother. Her response was

GENERAL of the ESP Army! I want YOU to Join NOW!
Fraps is awesome, that's probably your best bet, I've used it for professional projects several times
Fraps, as long as you spell it right and you have a decent enough pc to prevent any kind of lag, youll be fine
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by DeathOn2Legs
let me guess... you're making a video about how horrible, disturbing and offensive ego-shooters are and how they ruin the kids? at least that's the only topic related to pc games, that is being discussed in europe

Quite the opposite tbh...

edit: thanks for the fraps suggestion, I'll give it a try
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Last edited by Gregoric at Dec 4, 2008,
Is there an alternative to Fraps which doesn't rape my frame rate and make laggy vids?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Pinnacle Dazzle, I'm fairly sure it could record a computer monitor, it can record tapes, dvds, tv, adn game consoles. Combine it with pinnacle Studio 12 and you ahve very high quality vid capture. But that all costs around 170 us dollars.
Last edited by stratkat at Dec 4, 2008,
Gamecam might do it without 'raping' the framerate

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
you could press print screen over and over again every millisecond?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by a6l6e6x1
had to be done

yeh i was just thinking of making a wank joke myself
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Fraps or HyperCam2
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Just bring Union Jake, and the Prestige, and watch what happens during the scene with over 9000 Mudkipz. Just watch out for the guy who will cum blood, its really gross.

That will get you recording in no time.
webcam
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

ZD Soft Game Recorder works brilliantly, and you don't get a watermark. You might need to find a good encoder though. I use Huffy UV, I think (haven't recorded in a while).
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!