I've just started getting into electronics, and I'm planning on building my own guitar in the near future, so I wanted to get an original schematic for it.

So, please, don't take this layout for your own, I spent a while working on it trying to get a (close to) one of a kind guitar design. (I plan on adding in more effects in the future, before I get the guitar built, and will probably tweak the minor bits a little too).

The Diagram (Image is too big to post)
The bottom of the switches is connected to the solder point on the volume pot (the left one), I just happened to not connect the points in the image.

Anyone know if this will work? (I'm looking for design flaws before I prototype it)
I can barely read it. Why on earth would you want individual phase switching for all three humbuckers? Oh well, to each his own.

I'm pretty sure that's the proper way to wire those killswitches, at least I hope so, since that's how I'm planning to wire one up as a favor for this kid who takes lessons at the store I work at.

I think it should work. Usually I drop switches into existing diagrams I get from Seymour Duncan's website. Best of luck!
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Where is the fourth pot? I see the vol, a variable tone and a black ice overdrive (I'll have to look that up)=3

Why 2 killswitches?
The Fourth tone will be the Pot applied to the Varitone, so it'll be Volume, Varitone, Tone, Overdrive.

The second killswitch will be wired up above where a pickup switch normally is on a les paul (Buckethead does this), it's for momentary convenience.

The Phase Switching on each is because the on/offs will allow more pickup combinations, and I may want a strange combination for a certain sound.

And yes, that's how the killswitches are supposed to go on (I installed one into my explorer like this).

It's going to be a full custom (I'm going to carve the body myself) so it should look right when it's all wired up.

(also, GravyFish, it's a H-S-H pickup setup, thus the 5 switches :3)

The whole thing will be applied to a sevenstring guitar too, to it's going to be a downright beast if I can get the entire thing wired how I want.
The main problem I'm having is my utter lack of money, haha the running total right now (haven't added glues and finishing supplies) is $870 before taxes and shipping.

The wiring isn't too tough, it's pretty straightforward, especially when compared to my attempts at writing a parallel on/off setup.
Quote by archangel1024
The Fourth tone will be the Pot applied to the Varitone, so it'll be Volume, Varitone, Tone, Overdrive.

The second killswitch will be wired up above where a pickup switch normally is on a les paul (Buckethead does this), it's for momentary convenience.

The Phase Switching on each is because the on/offs will allow more pickup combinations, and I may want a strange combination for a certain sound.

And yes, that's how the killswitches are supposed to go on (I installed one into my explorer like this).

It's going to be a full custom (I'm going to carve the body myself) so it should look right when it's all wired up.

(also, GravyFish, it's a H-S-H pickup setup, thus the 5 switches :3)

The whole thing will be applied to a sevenstring guitar too, to it's going to be a downright beast if I can get the entire thing wired how I want.

Good to know about the killswitches, thanks.

I see now. Sorry, I just didn't read the diagram correctly. I'm no wiring genius, but everything looks alright. If you like the phase switching-varitone-killswitching craziness, than this is the perfect scheme! Post pics of the guitar when you build it, and if you can get an audio demo, that'd be sweet. I'd love to hear it, it's the most interesting wiring I've ever seen.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by GravyFish
Good to know about the killswitches, thanks.

I see now. Sorry, I just didn't read the diagram correctly. I'm no wiring genius, but everything looks alright. If you like the phase switching-varitone-killswitching craziness, than this is the perfect scheme! Post pics of the guitar when you build it, and if you can get an audio demo, that'd be sweet. I'd love to hear it, it's the most interesting wiring I've ever seen.

Thanks ^^

If I can get the thing built, I definitely will post some pics/samples.

The Pickups are going to be a Dimarzio PAF 7 (Neck), a Carvin 7-String Single Coil (Mid), and a Blaze 7 (bridge), on top of all the wiring, so it should be an amazing setup when I'm done.