Page 1 of 2
He's a stray, small guy, and really skinny.
I live in an apartment, so we're not allowed to have cats, but my generous nature could not allow me to ignore this fellow.
So I left some tuna out for him. He started coming by more, and he's really loving, awfully cute guy.

But here's the problem.

The manager found out and he got a little mad saying "don't feed the damn thing, we don't want it here"...

So I took him in.

Question is, what do I do? We're not supposed to have animals at all, and if I get caught with him, we will most likely get evicted. (Yeah, he's that kind of asshole).

By the way, he's damn adorable, and a very VERY good cat. Should I offer to pay more rent to keep him? I don't wanna lose him
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Dec 4, 2008,
I'd say go somewhere where you're allowed to keep them, for the same price you pay there.

Does the manager ever visit your apartment?

Quote by Consort BV
rape?

'ported.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
give him to me
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
If you have the money, yes. If not, let it go.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
cats FTW
keep it and rape the landlord into submission
he'll be too afraid to do anything about it due to fear of more rapeage
Quote by Victor Wooten
Frontbassman, You Win!
Also, Sig this or die!

^Yea you read right, Victor Wooten just gave me a complement.

Quote by kevin14u2nv

dude, in flames sucks.
all their music sounds the same

^ he listens to dragonforce
ask the manager if he has some personal problem with you having the cat.

If he says 'no, but it's the rules', then tell him, if the cat does any damage at all, you'll pay for it and so forth...
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
A picture would be cool?
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
You can try to deal with the landlord, but failing that, keep in mind that the SPCA and whatnot are there for a reason.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
You won't be allowed to keep it. I don't know of any flats that allow pets and they certainly won't allow something as territorial as a cat.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Tie 'im in a sack filled w/rocks and drop the sack in a body of water.

But srsly, if your that concerned find and drop it off at an animal rescue shelter that doesn't euthenize?
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Keep the kitty. Last year I found a stray cat that was really small compared to the other cats it was with so I took it in and I feel really good about it, now my cat is healthy and has a warm place to live. Point being if I wouldn't have taken that cat in and left it to fend for itself I would never forgiven myself for abandoning it.
Quote by Untitled001
Got any pics?

Unfortunately moving or finding another place isn't much of an option because I've been searching for the past 6 months with no luck. Everything in our price range is a lot smaller and in worse locations.
pics or didnt happen

yeha cats are badass really... i too am a cat parson, however i keep my kitty outside =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I'm sure part of the reason the little guy isn't allowed is due to allergens. If you keep him around, then eventually move out, allergens could be left behind and could make it difficult to get someone else to move in. If your landlord (god I hate that term) uses that as his reasoning, there isn't really much arguing you can do. If it's just a simply cleanliness issue, maybe you can wheel and deal with him a bit.

It really comes down to one thing though. Are you willing to risk your home for a cat? I'm not saying kick the little thing back on the street, but if you really can't keep him then take him to a shelter or see if a relative wants it.
Quote by x_thurston_x

Unfortunately moving or finding another place isn't much of an option because I've been searching for the past 6 months with no luck. Everything in our price range is a lot smaller and in worse locations.

Awww!
Just keep it in that box when the landlord comes round?
Me and my flatmate took a kitten in a while back, even though we're not allowed by our contract. He didn't want to stay inside at all and he had the loudest meows ever... my flatmate finally let him out and from then on he kept going in and out, our landlady found out. One day he disappeared and never came back.

Now, my flatmate was heartbroken and a month later she found another street cat, a young ginger female kitty. She was hurt badly and we took her to the vet and everything. The new kitty loves it indoors and she's as quiet as a mouse so we're not risking her running out and our landlady finding out.

However, I told my flatmate it's her own doing and her responsibility.

Here's a pic of both our former and current kitty:

This is not a pipe
Quote by Lord Waltaa

If he says 'no, but it's the rules', then tell him, if the cat does any damage at all, you'll pay for it and so forth...

Yeah, but it's a cat, so it's not a matter of "if." The apartment is going to end up damaged-- at the very least it will be permenantly smellier than it was before there was a cat.

Cute as the little guy is TS, I'd dump it outside and keep feeding it that way. No use smelling/allergen-ing up your place of residence and probably destroying your furniture, carpet/drapes, etc. Especially when you might get evicted for it.

Plus it's a stray, who knows how diseased it is.
Kittens are adorable, but indoor cats are just bad ideas.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by Lord Waltaa

this.

If he doesn't budge then I'd try giving him to a friend/relative, or a no-kill shelter.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
Cute as the little guy is TS, I'd dump it outside and keep feeding it that way.

With winter coming up? and the existence of places that would take him in for free?

Last edited by blackflag49 at Dec 4, 2008,
Well if moving is absolutely no option and the owner doesn't accept your offer of a little more rent, you'll have to give him to an animal shelter...or just move! I couldn't just leave a poor little lonely kitty out by it's own either...crushes my heart to see that. Hat off to you sir!
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by carmel_l

In the words of Karl Pilkington...

"Had a drink in a bar, everyone sat and watched one of the local cats lick it's bollocks"

The first thing that popped into my head

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That looks like a Siamese cat, in which case somebody is probably looking for it as they cost a ****ing shed load. If you can't keep it I'd sell it
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
will a friend take it? or a familly member? if so let them have the cat and then you can still visit him and he has a home.
Quote by x_thurston_x
He's a stray, small guy, and really skinny.
I live in an apartment, so we're not allowed to have cats, but my generous nature could not allow me to ignore this fellow.
So I left some tune out for him. He started coming by more, and he's really loving, awfully cute guy.

But here's the problem.

The manager found out and he got a little mad saying "don't feed the damn thing, we don't want it here"...

So I took him in.

Question is, what do I do? We're not supposed to have animals at all, and if I get caught with him, we will most likely get evicted. (Yeah, he's that kind of asshole).

By the way, he's damn adorable, and a very VERY good cat. Should I offer to pay more rent to keep him? I don't wanna lose him

I guess you can carry a tune.

Keep him until you get caught. And then keep him some more.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I suggest trying to find a loving home for the cat. Is he litter trained?
Death to Ovation haters!
Why'd you report me carmel_1?
I've read the rules and I didn't break any of them.....pointless
dont move to a place where they allow animals. they could be dirty
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by x_thurston_x

Oh my God! Keep him, please! He's so cute
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Mr.Maccy
Why'd you report me carmel_1?
I've read the rules and I didn't break any of them.....pointless

She didn't report you. She warned you. Kill it Cook it Eat it I'd imagine. Spam sir that she didn't like.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I guess you can carry a tune.

Keep him until you get caught. And then keep him some more.

Whoops...

Anyways.
As far as damage goes, couldn't I take him to get his nails clipped? Or is that inhumane?

He's sleeping on my lap as I type...
I can't bear to let him go
Quote by rhcp_freak
I'd say go somewhere where you're allowed to keep them, for the same price you pay there.

Does the manager ever visit your apartment?

'ported.

agreed.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
awww
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Page 1 of 2