People were saying this amp was only $99, my 75 watt was $400. It's an amazing amp, the best for it's price range. So, yes I would like to upgrade my pickups next, since my amp is fine.

Edit: This will only make sense if you read the other thread.
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
75w Line 6 Spider lll Amp
Epiphone Les Paul (SH-4 JB Bridge, SH-2 Neck)
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Sheogorath at Dec 4, 2008,
And so? Sorry but what's the point of this thread? "I have an amp that I like and I want to upgrade pickups.". Then? Do you need a suggestion for pickups?
NEW AMP!!

Jesus Christ, use the searchbar.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
get a new amp, i have exactly the same and used to be in your position, thinking about getting new pickups. But ive realised that my amp does sound really awful.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
When you make a thread, you should have something worth commenting on, or ask a question. Otherwise, you're just making yourself look dumb.

By the way, your amp is not amazing by any means get a new amp before pickups. Any type of pickup will sound exactly the same through some crappy digital Spider modeler.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Spiders arent very pickup-sensitive, meaning that the processing sounds very much the same no matter what pickups you use. So pretty much no matter what, itll sound bad with passives, and awful with actives. Maybe the Spider Tubes are better, but I havent plated em, and they are rather expensive.
you win most pointless thread ever

well done

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Sheogorath
People were saying this amp was only $99, my 75 watt was $400. It's an amazing amp, the best for it's price range. So, yes I would like to upgrade my pickups next, since my amp is fine.

Edit: This will only make sense if you read the other thread.

so post in that thread
Its true, get a new amp
I had a Spider, not any more lol

You need something thats gonna sound different with every guitar you plug into it, n a Spider wont do that
no need for changing pickups.
the amp you have is horrible in every way. sell the spider save some money and get a good amp.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Tyler Durden
you win most pointless thread ever

well done

+1

"Edit: This will only make sense if you read the other thread."

We shouldn't have to go trawling through the wilderness of the Internets to help you, fella.

So..

Yeah.
I hate people like this (not personally)

If you love your sound so much (you say your amp is great), then why do you need to change your pickups. You can't be happy with your tone, if you want to change your pickups.
although he could get a so much better tone if the TS gets a new amp and then pickups.
Amps are the main part of your tone, and pickups are just to finish the tone up. So with a bad amp, your going to get a bad tone. You may think you have a good sounding amp, but go out and try some other amps at a local music shop and you'll see, thats not the best amp...