I've heard that the Metal Zone sounds thin compared to the Metal Muff. I've listened to demos of both of them and can't decide which one to get. I would like to know from which one I can get the most sounds/tones. If anyone has compared the two, please give me your input. Thank you.
nothing beats a bit of muff
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
i prefer the metal muff. I have played both but obviously since i own a MM ive played that more.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
nothing beats a bit of muff

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...

[insert zeros here] ::type

... ::type

And yes the metal zone does sound thin AND muddy

EDIT:

watch this demo:
http://www.ehx.com/products/metal-muff
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Dec 4, 2008,
Tubescreamer.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Muffdiving
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Metal Muff
The Metal Zone sounds like absolute ****, especially when you crank it
ohai little sig.
Muff

but go play them yourself man

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
metal muff, when you crank the metal zone up it is similar to a bee having a heart attack.
Muff, not nano not micro pure metal muff with top boost
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by Tyler Durden
Muff

but go play them yourself man

I plan on doing just that.
yeah, the metal zone is terrible
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
MM = Can o bee's
MZ = Can o bee's with a side of shrill

I can agree on the MZ but the full model MM is rather quite versitile.

I think for the price the MM is the best one out there stock. Furthermore i think EHX makes some of the best average to above average priced pedals out there.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by bob vila
I can agree on the MZ but the full model MM is rather quite versitile.

I think for the price the MM is the best one out there stock. Furthermore i think EHX makes some of the best average to above average priced pedals out there.

Yea, I would put it on top of the list when it comes to pedals around the $100 mark. But theres still alot better stuff out there. I think mine lasted maybe a month, before I canned it...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yea, I would put it top at the top when it comes to pedals around the $100 mark. But theres still alot better stuff out there....

I completely agree there are better distortion pedals out there. What other distortion pedals would you consider better in that price range?
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by bob vila
I completely agree there are better distortion pedals out there. What other distortion pedals would you consider better in that price range?

Depends on what type of sound/genre/bands he is trying for honestly. There are so many pedals specific to certain types of tone... Example ProCo Rat is an excellent early Metallica pedal, Line 6 Uber Metal is basically Pantera in a box with a few extras and so on..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Depends on what type of sound/genre/bands he is trying for honestly. There are so many pedals specific to certain types of tone... Example ProCo Rat is an excellent early Metallica pedal, Line 6 Uber Metal is basically Pantera in a box with a few extras and so on..

Ahhh so true sir. To TS, be sure to listen to IbanezPsycho here he raises an all important question of what you are really looking to get out of this pedal.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.