Poll: What to do what to do....
Poll Options
View poll results: What to do what to do....
ISP decimator
14 78%
Boss noise gate
3 17%
Rocktron Hush Noise Reduction Pedal
1 6%
MXR M135 Smart Gate Pedal
0 0%
Voters: 18.
So, the time has come, I'd like to start gigging ALOT and since school will be over soon this should be pretty effing awesome.

But my ts9 plus my 52's gain channel don't get along, and hum enough to be annoying.

SO... that being said what would you recommend?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Yeah you got to have a noise gate man. ISP decimator is the best. Run it in front of the amp not in the fx loop. If you can't find that the boss ns-2 is the next best thing. I use the ns-2 and it works perfect and I get no tone loss or anything like that. Some people claim they get tone loss from it. But I use it... Hell killswitch engage uses the ns-2 and they run their od pedal through the loop in the ns-2. It has a loop on the pedal so you can cut down noise from the pedals but it's not really a must. I plug my od pedal into the ns-2 direct and into the amp.
ISP Decimator.

If you can afford it, the rack setup. But it doesn't look like it, so the pedal will do FINE.
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
Decimator sucks the least tone from you.

Or save yourself the money and turn your guitars volume back when you're not playing. No hum!
Well turning the guitars volume back means you can't have your pickups with full response and imo that sounds like crap. Before I had a noise gate I had to do that. And with an OD pedal and high gain 6505 I had to turn them almost all the way down to achieve this. By the time I did that I had almost no saturation in gain and the harmonics sucked. I hate the sound of pickups turned down. I'd just buy the noise gate.
Quote by hcsn2008
Well turning the guitars volume back means you can't have your pickups with full response and imo that sounds like crap. Before I had a noise gate I had to do that. And with an OD pedal and high gain 6505 I had to turn them almost all the way down to achieve this. By the time I did that I had almost no saturation in gain and the harmonics sucked. I hate the sound of pickups turned down. I'd just buy the noise gate.

He said when not playing though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I like my MXR Smartgate pretty well for $111. It has full/mid/low hiss selector as well trigger control obviously. Solid as a brick. I have some clips demo'ing how well it works that I could steer you too.

I hear the ISP is the best tho if you have the cash.
yeah but this guy is probably getting feedback when he is playing. Just when he stops it squeels but not stopping the riff. A lot of riffs have breaks in them. And hell with a high gain amp and OD pedal it can squeel even while you are in the middle of a riff.
Quote by hcsn2008

as aznrockerdude said, I'm talking about when not playing, because that's really when you get most of your noise, and that's really the only noise that a noise gate effectively reduces unless you've got it really turned up, at which point you're killing your sustain.

I've used a decimator for a while... It's okay. It's way better than the alternatives, but still I don't really support noise gates, I've played high gain/high volume with a semi-hollow guitar and managed to keep the feedback under control, so I just don't see the point.
isp decimator is definitely the way to go

the hush super c will work decently but it colors your tone way too much. for the extra $$$ the decimator is better
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Well in any situation I've been in I've had feedback in just stops in riffs. Say I play a riff that's got a few notes and then a break and then a few more notes. Theres no time to turn down the volume on the guitar and turn it back up within that 1 second of time. He needs a noise gate. The hush is more of an fx loop noise reducer imo. It don't work as good as a noise gate in front of the amp.
the ISP Decimator is best Noise gate i'd ever used and i ordered three to replace the Boss NS2's that i had previously had but gave them to my sister.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Well see its not feedback. Its just an annoying hum when an actual note isn't being played.

Sometimes it comes through when doing chugs or whatever.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Decimator made my life better.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
d-d-d-d-decimator imo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
... still the decimator I guess.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Also try boosting your 6505's crunch channel instead of the lead. You will have less hiss/hum and your tone will have more clarity at high volume levels. You may also want to reduce the TS9's level dial as halfway is enough for a boost of output.

Oh yeah, my JSX loves the ISP and the NS-2. The ISP is just more transparent.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
^^yeah.....um, ....i lost

smartgate works well for hiss but it does rob tone to a degree so it come down to budget. it is frickin sturdy as all get out. Sess - i did a clip with that thing with all my pedals going and actually induced hiss and then kicked it on. Pedal demo yo.