So I started experimenting a bit today with the height of my EMG 81/85 pickups. You know, you can use a screwdriver to adjust their height. My problem is that they don't respond well to pinch harmonics. Would the pickups height help? I also play metal, so I want a kind of bright sound and not muddy.

How do you have them on your guitar?

For example, currently I have the neck pickup (81) very low (so that the lowest point of it is right at the edge of the hole) and the bridge pickup (85) like 2mm from the strings.

I use them with a Peavey 6505+, so if anyone has got that amp, please write it in your reply if it's not already mentioned in your sig.

Thanks!
Why not put the 81 in the bridge and the 85 in the neck?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i think emg suggest that you keep all their active pickups close to the strings as their magnetism is weaker than passive pickups
Alright. I thought they had stronger magnets :O

Thanks, I'll try getting both closer to the strings. Which one do you usually have closer to achieve a bright sound?

And I might consider swapping them when it's time to change batteries.
If you cant pop off pinch harmonics with an EMG 81 something is very wrong with your technique...

Also they need to be close, but not close enough to bottom out the strings on the pickup. Just set test then set again...