Ok, should i get a epiphone les paul jr. or a squier bullet strat as my guitar and should i get a line 6 spider lll 15w amp or a peavey vyper 15w amp?
well i wont necissarily tell you... but id try the vypyr and just forget the spider....maybe i am telling you to get the vypyr
whats your current setup? whats your budget? how long have you been playing? what do you play? we need a lot more information to give a good answer.
not sure about the guitars, but id recommend the vypyr.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
IMO, Squier and Peavy. I picked Squier because I have one and think they are great starter guitars, haven't played thet LP Jr. though. And Peavey because it's NOT a Line 6 Spider III, don't get one of those.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Vypyr and The epiphone
but you should really try to get up a little bit more money, and get a better guitar, the Vypyrs awesome though,
the Spider's horrible, don't get it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
i will have been playing for 1 year this christmas, my budget is $100 from my mom and $125 from my grandparents, rite now i have a behringer metalien guitar and a behringer amp thats 10watts and i play pretty much everything cept classic and country
I would get the spider for the amp, for a beginner you'll have more fun with all of the options - for the guitar, if you're a beginner I would probably start with the strat, but an even better choice would be to check the used market (craigslist?) and try to get something a little nicer for the same price
vyper. if you play lots of music i suggest a strat with a humbucker in the bridge. if you can buy used or scrape up an extra 100.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Or, you could keep the guitar you have for another year, and pool together the money you're getting and get a used tube amp for $200, you could get a crate V series or an epi valve jr or a blackheart, there are a lot of options for a small tube amp and a distortion pedal for $200, you'll notice the biggest difference in tone that way.
Neither guitar. The Les Paul Junior only has 1 pickup and is not very versatile, the Squier Bullet sounds and feels like ****. I would suggest a Yamaha Pacifica 012 Strat as they are much more durable and have better pickups. It's $149.99 new, but you could probably find a used one for much less. That was my first guitar and I've used it for almost 4 years, and right now I'm actually trying to sell it because I'm getting a higher end guitar. If you want, I could sell you my strat for $70 and ship it to you. Email me at mbsnowdog@gmail.com if you are interested.

As for the amp. I have used a Spider 15w since I got my strat and it has served me well. I have heard the Vypyr is better though, so you'd better try both out.
Stuffing corpses full of shit and faith
They bloviate about a future beyond the moon
To bring about another planets doom
To discover peaceful life
And beat a war-drum to it's tune
Unless my prayers are answered
And our end is coming soon.
thats a good deal for the yamaha.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
your just going to be replacing a crap guitar with a mediocre guitar. tone & gear =/= the player

keep on acquiring knowledge and money that way you wont regret purchasing a squier bullet 6-12 months down the road.

and if you really want an amp id say go for a roland microcube. so portable and decent sounding you'll most likely occasionally use it years down the road when youve got a "real" rig
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
im on guitarcenter right now and the dean evo xm is 120 and the dean vendetta xm is 104+, should i get one of these?
Quote by the boogieman
your just going to be replacing a crap guitar with a mediocre guitar. tone & gear =/= the player

keep on acquiring knowledge and money that way you wont regret purchasing a squier bullet 6-12 months down the road.

and if you really want an amp id say go for a roland microcube. so portable and decent sounding you'll most likely occasionally use it years down the road when youve got a "real" rig

I definitely agree with you. But sometimes people are on a budget. I only had $250 to spend on a guitar and amp and I got the Yamaha and the Spider III. The Yamaha is actually the best you could get for the price IMO. But if you can manage to save up some more, go buy an Ibanez or a Fender Standard Strat. Just avoid the common entry guitars. Those are ****.
Quote by TheBeginner7
im on guitarcenter right now and the dean evo xm is 120 and the dean vendetta xm is 104+, should i get one of these?

The Vendetta is pretty nice. It really all depends on what kind of music you are playing. Humbuckers are great for metal and heavy rock, but if you plan on playing jazz, blues, etc, you need some single coil pups.
Quote by TheBeginner7
i like playing metal and hard rock the best, so should i get the vendetta then?

Maybe. Go try it out first at your local Guitar Center. Make sure to plug it into the two amps you mentioned to see which you like better.
Quote by TheBeginner7
well my mom is $100

I'll take her.

But yeah, don't get the spider.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Evo-XM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519795 this is a surprisingly decent guitar.
I looked down the neck of a few and there were no bumps what so ever, completely flat necks(thats a good thing), i've found bumps in gibson les paul studios before so i'd go with this guitar.

EDIT: and the spider's a decent metal amp, but only metal, i like the distortion, but to be honest the clean channel is pretty bad.
So vyper for versatility, go with the peavey
Quote by mbsnowdog
I definitely agree with you. But sometimes people are on a budget. I only had $250 to spend on a guitar and amp and I got the Yamaha and the Spider III. The Yamaha is actually the best you could get for the price IMO. But if you can manage to save up some more, go buy an Ibanez or a Fender Standard Strat. Just avoid the common entry guitars. Those are ****.

id probably bet than an sx or an agile is as good or better than that yamaha for the same price

but common entry levle guitars are fine too. ibanez(gios aside because they suck) has some great entry level guitars. for $300 the low end artists are excellent guitars. fender mim's are pretty dece. epi g400 is another very good one
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
If you buy the Line 6 then throw it off a cliff. The vypyr is 50x better. As for guitars I suggest the Epiphone LP junior.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Just because it's a gift doesn't mean it has to be new. You get gear at 40-50% off when you buy used. Try the Vypyr 15 watt and MicroCube, they are both very good practice amps.
Maybe this fat strat squier for $75.. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/942537131.html
That Da15 for $125 isn't bad. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/939309841.html
But the Vypyr or MicroCube are pretty good as well for the price new.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.