Basically, I went to the guitar shop, to finally buy a guitar/bass. So I went to make my mind up, on electric guitar, seeing as it would ebe easier to learn, because there are sites like justinguitar online that I can learn on, and I no not of any that are bass, and the fact that the music I listen to si all predominantly guitar..But I sued to be obsessed with getting a bass, and when I walked into that shop, I say that sexy ass bass, and I strummed those strings, and wow, I was in heaven..But guitar owuld suit me better, as I could recreate the **** I listen to (lead), and it as mentioned earlier is far easier to learn. I think bass looks better, they are equal on sound, gutiar maybe a bit of an edge, but onli a lil bit, because it is a lead instrument.

But I don't know.. I'm definatley getting one or the other for christmas, but its deciding which bluddy one..Help?! which one shud I get? (id be playing on myo wn most of the time)
Also, anyone know of any good bass learning sites that are good other than this one?

Oh yeah, anyone know any good free drum loop things I oculd play alnog to if I get bass?
Last edited by NKF176 at Dec 4, 2008,
okay so you want to play guitar cause it sounds better sort of but you want to play bass cause it looks better but you want to play guitar cause lead guitars far easier to learn
how about
you get a dirt cheap acoustic guitar, see if you can fit your head around it and how your fingers cope, and if thats too easy or too hard or not your thing then youll only be down about £20 and youll know a lot more about what youre potentially spending a half a grand on

edit
one thing thats been annoying me though
is i cant understand how someone with seemingly no experience of guitar or bass can say which ones 'far easier'
no harm done, just kind of bugged me
Last edited by kthxbi at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by kthxbi
okay so you want to play guitar cause it sounds better sort of but you want to play bass cause it looks better but you want to play guitar cause lead guitars far easier to learn
how about
you get a dirt cheap acoustic guitar, see if you can fit your head around it and how your fingers cope, and if thats too easy or too hard or not your thing then youll only be down about £20 and youll know a lot more about what youre potentially spending a half a grand on

edit
one thing thats been annoying me though
is i cant understand how someone with seemingly no experience of guitar or bass can say which ones 'far easier'
no harm done, just kind of bugged me

I have had a lil experience with both before as in playing friends/shop
Someone once said here on ug that Bass is easier to start off with but harder to become a virtuoso and vice verca with the guitar
BB.King +Freddie King+Albert King=three kings of blues!!
Dado23 Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
bassbassbassbassbassbassbassbass
Apart from the fact that i could barely work out what you were going on about, Go ask the shop assitant.
Will you be able to get lessons. Both guitarists and bassiests seem to turn out better with guidance. Since you posted on ther bass forum get a Bass. Youll be able to pick up some songs easier but will be just as hard and as easy as guitar to become good at.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul